Zeta has gone to the nuclear option with recent DDoS attacks.

ethan

im a fireman, i mean EMT
They've enabled sitewide cloudflare. Spamhaus 2.0 is in the works.

Massive DDoS attack, i want to say all 11-12 of their nodes have been consistently offline for the last week+ or unresponsive.

Anyone got more info?

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Every forum type site that I have seen use cloudflare always seems to have downtime. MyBB in particular, I notice it there the most.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
CloudFlare in my experience hasn't made much of a difference in the past. If the attackers know your IP(s), they'll just target them directly. Nothing you can do about that, except put a proper hardware firewall solution in place.

GTB

Tazmanian
Every forum type site that I have seen use cloudflare always seems to have downtime. MyBB in particular, I notice it there the most.
Noticed same also with sites using Cloudflare, they do seem to suffer more with intermittent downtime. I used it myself once with a forum but ended up stopping because was noticing same thing happening on that.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

GoodForNothing Coder
I use CloudFlare to manage the DNS of my domains... easier to manage stuff than cPanel or any other free alternative... Never benefited from their CDN service...

ethan

im a fireman, i mean EMT
CloudFlare in my experience hasn't made much of a difference in the past. If the attackers know your IP(s), they'll just target them directly. Nothing you can do about that, except put a proper hardware firewall solution in place.
That was my point, if they have the source IP's anyways if won't help with a DoS attack. It should, however, help with normal traffic load.