YouTube Ads ... why can't I replay them !!! or move the slider back ?

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
upload_2016-10-26_12-35-31.png

I can Skip Ads on youtube ... but I can't rewind, replay or use the yellow slider to go back a bit.
Seems odd these features are restricted ! I actually want to see the ad again sometimes (not often).

Weird. I can pause too. But not being able to use the slider is annoying. I guess there actually is no slider ... it's just a graphic to represent time. Just as weird, when I actually miss the Ad I want to see ... and my video starts .... there is no way to "go back to the ad".

vlom31

Aspirant
It might have something to do with the fact Google only charges advertisers if user watches more than 30sec (or 15, can't remember exactly) .. if you can jump around it might screw the stats.

Just a thought.

Mehdi

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
It might have something to do with the fact Google only charges advertisers if user watches more than 30sec (or 15, can't remember exactly) .. if you can jump around it might screw the stats.
You make it sound like Google can't track clicking.
Whereas that is their specialty :)

Google could charge more if I replayed it and watched a few parts more than once !

vlom31

Aspirant
You make it sound like Google can't track clicking.
Whereas that is their specialty :)

Google could charge more if I replayed it and watched a few parts more than once !
Haha, there's probably more to it than just that.

I am sure you've seen one of the video sales pages on internet, notice how they always remove the control bar on the player, it is known to increase engagement/conversion.

Mehdi