Your favorite game of ALL time?

Paul M

Super Moderator
I almost never play games of any sort, but I do like Bejeweled.

I also used to play a simulation game called openTTD (open source version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe)

onlinestaff

Aspirant
Roller-coaster Tycoon, the original.

I remember wasting endless hours of my life on this game when I was in my teens.

BrandonSheley

loving life
I don't play many games, never have but if I was to pick a few that I could still spend hours playing they would be GTA and Minecraft or a modded version or either.
I don't remember the game to much because I was pretty young at the time, but this was a blast for it's day (Leisure Suit Larry).

231583-leisure-suit-larry-collection-series-dos-front-cover.jpg

Has anyone heard of it? You could see digital boobs in it!!

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I don't play many games, never have but if I was to pick a few that I could still spend hours playing they would be GTA and Minecraft or a modded version or either.
I don't remember the game to much because I was pretty young at the time, but this was a blast for it's day (Leisure Suit Larry).

View attachment 49228

Has anyone heard of it? You could see digital boobs in it!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Leisure Suit Larry was one of the first games I ever played. It was a scandalous sensation for its time actually. It was a blast and a half though now that I think about it. My Big Brother and I spent hours on that damn game. And now to look back at that time and simply mind-blown with one question, one word: HOW?! LMAO

But wait a sec - How old are you?! You must be old as Jesus to recall having played Leisure Suit Larry :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

J.

PoetJC

Oh. Meant to say that episode 2 of Life Is Strange: Before The Storm was released a couple days ago.
Love love love this game. The storyline is amazing IMO. The characters ... I've fallen in love with them.

J.

BrandonSheley

loving life
But wait a sec - How old are you?! You must be old as Jesus to recall having played Leisure Suit Larry :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Don't act like you don't know how old I am...lol
What happen to my poster you had up on your bedroom walls?? :LOL::p:whistle:

I just turned the big 4.0 this year. almost time to order my AARP card so I can get cheaper dinners..lol

PoetJC

Don't act like you don't know how old I am...lol
What happen to my poster you had up on your bedroom walls?? :LOL::p:whistle:

I just turned the big 4.0 this year. almost time to order my AARP card so I can get cheaper dinners..lol
The poster I entitled My Red Head Fantasy?! Well.. I was playing Batman Arkham Asylum you see... And was a bit miffed when Harley Quin helped Joker crack me upside my black-masked face and .... accidentally through a bottle of wine at the wall. It was a heavy 3-in-1 bottle so as it shattered, its heft kinda dented the sidewall and split the poster.. I could not at all ever enjoy a My Red Head Fantasy poster with a split down the center - so I tossed it.. Saddest day of me whole entire life. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::p

Bad story I tell ya. Not unlike some of the Leisure Suit Larry stuff eh?! LOL... But yeah... Talk about the big 4-0 --- I had my big 4-2 back in September. I'm insisting though, that 42 is the new 22. My Mom loves the idea of it anyway hehehe. Cheers dude. Muah. And good luck with AARP - They sent me a card a couple weeks ago ROFLMAO :tup:

J.

Anubis

Cave Canem
It's tough to narrow down to just one game, considering that there are quite a few titles out there that I find amazing. However, if I really had to pick an all-time favorite my choice would be the first Crysis.

Gemma

Participant
Hard to choose a favourite game. I love the Forza, Mass Effect and Gears of War series but I think I've spent most time playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
I spent so many hours playing when it was originally released. It is still my favourite Battlefield game and I enjoy playing it just as much now as I did back when released thanks to Xbox One backward compatibility.

I've given this some thought and decided that my favorite game of all time is Twinkle Star Sprites. I own it on every console it was ported to. I own both domestic and imported copies. I own it on Steam, I own a $400 flash cart for my Neo-Geo cabinet just so I can play it on original hardware, and I'm saving up to buy the very rare original cabinet for way too much money (I could purchase a nice car).

It's a really fun game that is easy to learn and impossible to master. It's a versus SHUMP where you can flood each others side of the screen with enemies. You chain together kills on your side to send stuff over, you can shoot at the enemies sent over to send them back, where they can be shot again to send them back....see where I'm going? :D You can use power ups to send boss attacks, each player has a health bar like a fighting game and the goal is to KO the other player. You must win 2 rounds out of 3 to win the game. If both players survive too long the game sends enemies that instantly KO you if you touch them. These can also be volleyed back and forth and spawned on purpose if you manage to go 30 seconds without firing a shot.

I love this game so much it inspired me to create my own. There hasn't been another game like it made save for doujin stuff from Japan and its sequel which wasn't very popular or released outside of Japan.

Here is video of a match;

Last edited:

Ash

Participant
It has to be Grand Theft Auto for me. I like quite a lot of games but unfortunately, none of them come close to being as good as GTA. The fact that you can just do whatever you want is something I love

Ramses

Adherent
Didn't play any game since many years now. Most loved games were Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, Wing Commander, Diablo 1+2, Mafia..

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Command and Conquer was great to play also the only game i made maps for and edited the ini files.

Gosu

Aspirant
  • Age of Empires 1 and 2. Waiting for the new one to release.
  • Oni for the PS2
  • Pokemon Online MMO (just a rom hack for multiplayer pokemon)
  • Team Fortress 2
  • GTA vice city and GTA 5
  • WWE Here comes the pain PS2
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
  • DC Universe Online owned by Daybreak Games formerly known as Sony Online Entertainment, the company that made H1Z1. Played it for 6 years and easily qualifies as the game i spent most time on in my life. But unfortunately the game is just a parody of its former shelf. They made it pay2win breaking all the mechanics and making certain powers of the game overpowered.
  • Overwatch, because it is like the new version of Team Fortress 2 we always wanted.

Last edited: