You don't need a mega-community to have an impact

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
Another great article from FeverBee who argues convincingly that you don’t need a mega-community to positively impact your business.

“A tiny number of committed, active, members can answer hundreds, even thousands, of questions in a community every month.

A tiny number of committed, active, members can create enough reviews to make you the leading product in whatever category you’re in and generate millions of dollars in sales.

A tiny number of committed, active, members can give you feedback on all of your marketing efforts can ensure your next campaign is a smash hit.

A tiny number of committed, active, members can generate hundreds of sales leads for your business through referrals.”

It's well worth a read if you think that you need thousands of engaged members to have a community of value.

Panupat

Habitué
I'm not sure you can get that thousand questions asked a month without a mega community tho.

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
I'm not sure you can get that thousand questions asked a month without a mega community tho.
Did you read the article? "Mega-community" is subjective of course. A giant brand like Microsoft of Apple may have millions of users, but only a few thousand engaged users across their communities.

overcast

Adherent
I know few blogs and forums where the member count is less than 500. And mostly 200 or so active users in homestead community. But they are super close member network and they seem to be making impact by sharing their survival stories.