- Jaxel first asked about "crowdfunding" on Dec. 31st, 2013 --> https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-okay-are-people-with-crowd-finding-xf-addons.65828/
- Jaxel made the first actual crowdfunding plea on Jan. 24th, 2014 --> https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-2-0-portal-framework-crowd-fund.67343/
- The project was officially funded on Feb. 16th, 2014 --> http://www.pozible.com/project/177899#updates
- The project was closed on Mar. 26th, 2014 --> http://www.pozible.com/project/177899
- In the actual "Crowdfunding" thread, Jaxel answered multiple questions, until he updated the Pozible page saying he had to go to work out of town. --> https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ramework-crowd-fund.67343/page-12#post-750820
- Since the "update", not one mention of XenPorta2 has been made by Jaxel.
The Proposed Timeline
- "Software such as this takes time. As such, I can not give an exact date of public release. I have listed it as December 2014 as a safety measure, but I assume it will be ready for public release sometime before that." (Under Challenges) --> http://www.pozible.com/project/177899
- "I expect programming to begin around mid/late February." (Update 1) --> http://www.pozible.com/project/177899#updates
- "I expect to start principal programming at the end of February. Based on this timeline, the beta forums may not be available till the end of March." (Update 2) --> http://www.pozible.com/project/177899#updates
- "Speaking to some of you on the thread on XenForo, I told you guys that I was hoping to have the first beta release out to beta-level supporters by the end of March. It is now April and no such release has appeared." (Update 3) --> http://www.pozible.com/project/177899#updates
17 people invested enough to get into the BETA. Those alone account for $2500 of the $5k+.
My ThoughtsIt's a really disheartening to see the community come together to do something great, only to have the rug pulled out from them. I don't understand why those that have invested into this, aren't beating down his doors for communication. He posts in threads still (rarely). He is still opening up and logging into XF. Why aren't you posting on his profile? Sending PM's? Raising questions? Many members are in a bad spot, especially with XF2.0 being announced and the focus shifted to that. You have invested into a product that may or may not (I'll lean to NOT) work with 2.0 when it arrives, leaving you waiting on another solution, a myriad of problems, or yet another crowdfund for XenPorta 3.
Do I hope I am wrong on my assumption that this is utter garbage and will never see the light of day? Absolutely. I have had my ass burned before on this magical thing we call the internet. It royally sucks donkey tits. Am I the type to sit back after it's done and sulk. Hell no. I'm tired of seeing all of you screwed over. I love XF, and 98% of the community (the ones suing me are 2%)((Oh wait, no longer part of the community), so 100% of the community.
He's around, he's been around. He certainly hasn't slacked on his YouTube after his vacation (shoot, I mean out of country work trip). He posts in the other threads that he sells add-ons to continue to have members purchase more. And you do. Save your cash, hire a real coder. A few suggestions: Bob, Daniel Hood, xfrocks (just my favorites).
If something isn't done, this can slowly become an issue. Coders holding out to instead do crowdfunds (knowing they'll get paid), leaving members simply hoping it comes through.
I hope I am wrong in all of this though.