XenForo to WordPress integration plugin preview

Mangini

Participant
Hi again! I am updating this thread because XFtoWP has taken a massive next step in its evolution and is introducing the new User syncing capabilities. This does exactly what you think—you will finally have a reliable way to keep user data consistent across your WordPress and XenForo websites. But that's only the tip of the iceberg in XFtoWP 1.2 (beta).

All customers have access to the beta version and you can take a tour of the bold new features and workflows that will soon be possible across your websites in the following article:

The plugin is quite stable but because it is still beta software I do not recommend you test it on a live site or even a future live site.

Apart from squashing bugs, what I'd really like to hear from beta testers and even the experienced onlookers here at TAZ is:
  1. What eCommerce or membership plugins do you use on your site where user syncing would be valuable? Examples: MemberPress, LearnDash, WooCommerce
  2. What is your ideal workflow to getting existing users across your websites synced? Do you want a 1:1 copy of each user on both sites? Would you trust existing user's to manually connect the accounts themselves? How would the concept of user syncing work on your community?
Thank you in advance and I hope you like the new features coming in XFtoWP 1.2. :)

P.S. if you're an existing (or future) customer you can download the latest beta from your account area.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.00.22 PM.png

Alpha1

Administrator
  1. Woocommerce & Learndash. With WC being by far the most important.
  2. If a member logs into xenforo, then there needs to be an automatic synch with the WC account.

Mangini

Participant
WooCommerce and LearnDash are both priorities for integrations, glad to hear it!

If a member logs into xenforo, then there needs to be an automatic synch with the WC account.
The context for XFtoWP is that WordPress is either treated as your main site, or the site where user's will exclusively login and edit important account details from. It may be worth re-linking and disabling login from XF so it can only be done in WordPress, which then logs in and redirects the user to XenForo.

Mangini

Participant
Hi TAZ, the new user syncing capabilities in XFtoWP are nearly perfected and what looks to be the final beta version of the plugin is now available for download to all customers to try!

To see a tour of what's possible with this plugin I made a video showing how it all works and how it can blend seamlessly into your new and existing communities.

There are many benefits of having two powerful pieces of software like XenForo and WordPress work together—some obvious, and some not even imagined yet—and I think this plugin stands to make forum owners more money with their eCommerce shops and save admins hours of user management time.

Take the tour below (recommended at 1.25-1.5x speed):

Timestamps:
0:00-5:00 - connecting WordPress and XenForo via the API
5:00-8:00 - mirroring XF usergroups to WordPress
8:00-15:00 - enabling user sync settings and creating the first synced user
15:23-17:50 - syncing frontend registrations
17:50-24:10 - connecting multiple XF users to a WP account, error validation, and group promotions
24:10-28:00 - syncing users from the frontend
28:00-end - that one last thing

See resource page on XenForo.com

Mangini

Participant
I'm looking forward to try this addon this weekend.
Very cool, I'd love to see how you put it to use! We're already one patch fix in and all has been running smoothly so far. Once you purchase the product you will be able to see the plugin in action on my own support forums and your own registered forum account.

Attachments

• Kapture 2021-05-22 at 13.03.24.gif
    Kapture 2021-05-22 at 13.03.24.gif
    538.3 KB · Views: 7

Mangini

Participant
Hi everybody, I wanted to extend a big "thank you" to those of you who took the plunge and tested the latest XFtoWP beta over the weekend! We had a lot of successes tested across different site environments, and today we are building upon the solid foundation laid over the weekend with yet another new release...

Today I am pleased to announce the first WooCommerce Integration (beta) which is now available for download from your customers area:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.01.41 PM.png

Alongside the progress we've made on standardizing XFtoWP integrations with the MemberPress integration plugin, we will now be focusing on releasing more integrations throughout the week for WooCommerce, LearnDash, Easy Digital Downloads, and others.

The criteria for plugin integrations are the following:
  • Ensure users are registered to XenForo on each plugin's unique registration process
  • Ensure email and passwords are updated in XenForo from each plugins unique account details pages on the WP frontend
  • Ensure user accounts are validated on register and account update so the same usernames and emails are not added to either database
  • Connect User Actions (group changes, send alerts/conversations) to execute on product purchases and expiration respectively
All of this is built on top of XFtoWP's native handling of WordPress' user registration and account updating, so any avenues for the above mentioned details to be changed are being covered by XFtoWP.

If you have been a beta tester to any degree, you will be rewarded for your time once the final version of 1.2 and all integration plugins are available. Thank you for your trust in this ambitious project, we are getting extremely close to bringing stable user syncing across XenForo and WordPress. :)

TLChris

Administrator
Very cool, I'd love to see how you put it to use! We're already one patch fix in and all has been running smoothly so far. Once you purchase the product you will be able to see the plugin in action on my own support forums and your own registered forum account.
I already own the product, and you helped me get into it with the email reset.

Will be installing tonight to try out.

Mangini

Participant
Hey Mangini

Nice work! How does the "Styled to match your theme" functionality work exactly?
Thanks a lot Russ!

That line refers to any templates the plugin embeds into your site, like the Thread comments and User syncing forms, and also the forum content widget. These templates have been lightly styled so they inherit colors and other basic styles from your WP theme, so minimal CSS is usually needed to make these features blend in to any theme perfectly (if at all).

I think I know where your head is at, and this plugin doesn't cover things like matching headers and navigation since that seems to be best left to each respective software.

I already own the product, and you helped me get into it with the email reset.
Oh, so that was you! You've been very helpful already then, now I'm eagerly waiting to hear your first run through with XFtoWP. :)

Last edited: