XenForo to vB5 - A viable option?

Alpha1

Administrator
Both are small forums with a few thousands threads or less. Show me a big board. Or even a medium size site.
One that has been on vb5 for more than 2 months and is not planning on switching again.

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
Both have been on vB5 longer than 2 months, and both are relatively successful for their size.

You want any more sites, go to vB.com and spend some real time there getting yo know the newer forum admins that are running vB5.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Both are small forums with a few thousands threads or less. Show me a big board. Or even a medium size site.
One that has been on vb5 for more than 2 months and is not planning on switching again.
HDHerd has over 600 thousand posts, not what I'd term small lol

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master

Some people just like to dismiss anything that has to do with vB, not worth wasting any time on them. :p

Alpha1

Administrator
You are right! I overlooked that as it has a very long list of forums with a small number of threads in each and vb5 doesnt seem to have a statistics block.

Apparently it works for big boards. I wonder if there are also sites with thousands of online users running vb.
Some people just like to dismiss anything that has to do with vB, not worth wasting any time on them. :p
lol Ozzy! Mind that being stupid does not equal ill intent.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
You are right! I overlooked that as it has a very long list of forums with a small number of threads in each and vb5 doesnt seem to have a statistics block.
Yeah, took me a minute to figure it out as well. I believe there is a stats block available, but you have to switch it on (I could be wrong, been a while since I messed with vB5) - I'm guessing HDHerd opted against doing so.

zappaDPJ

Who is to say what's viable...

viable.jpg

Those are the only two active vBulletin 5 forums I know of where the owners have persevered with the product and as far as I know both are reasonably happy with their choice. However I don't believe it's been plain sailing in either case.

I'm probably one of the few people that likes vBulletin 5. I like the interface and it has functionality that you won't find in other products. The fact that there are no add-ons to speak of is a big problem as is the lack of off-the-shelf styles but that wouldn't stop me from using it. It's the bug count and the time it takes to fix them that makes it completely non-viable for me. Running a successful forum is hard enough work as it is and you really don't need to add to that software that's still horribly bug ridden.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
1) It's vBulletin
2) It's the world's leading community software
3) It's not IPB.

Lets translate:

1. Because its vBulletin its crap.
  2. Leading in what not in features or improvements, so it means there leading in bugs
  3. Go for this software its better
See fixed the list :cool:

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Your answer didn't have any real reasons, so I'm not sure why you expected a different response.
Similar answer to when I posted real things like a site wide CMS system, Blogs, Articles, Calendar/Events, and Groups all integrated into a single product with no recurring fees. Whether I post facts or half-facts they are ignored either way.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
Similar answer to when I posted real things like a site wide CMS system, Blogs, Articles, Calendar/Events, and Groups all integrated into a single product with no recurring fees. Whether I post facts or half-facts they are ignored either way.
I don't see a similar answer to the post you made a few days ago that you referenced above - did I miss it? To me it looks like it was just ignored which could mean several things, one of which is that it was a good answer and nobody had a refutation for it.