Feedback XenForo License Validation (Split)

Hangman

Tazmanian
But, if you do have any suggestions or ideas on how we could allow users to go about "showing off" their software preferences that doesn't involve having a million usergroups, then please do feel free to start a topic in the suggestions and feedback section.

Perhaps people forget that this ability already exists - it's in the forum signature :p Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but for those who feel strongly about displaying their licence, it's certainly an option. I know it's isn't as pretty, though.

P.s. Apologies about this not being a new topic, I wasn't sure my jokey tone would have the same context/light hearted effect.

JordanH

Imperial Majesty
Now I'm curious. What's the plan and when will we see it implemented?
Here's what I'd suggest anyway - Something like this:

View attachment 31749

On mouseover you could have a Tooltip show what each rank represents.
Easy peasy...

J.
THats a bad ass idea.

Fun Fact 1: We used to have joinable usergroups for users of most commonly (and uncommonly) used forum software.
Fun Fact 2: We probably aren't ever going to use usergroups for that purpose again, as it makes the usergroup and permissions areas of the ACP into a nightmare.

So yeah, the purpose of the XF license validation isn't to "show off" that you're an XF fan. But, if you do have any suggestions or ideas on how we could allow users to go about "showing off" their software preferences that doesn't involve having a million usergroups, then please do feel free to start a topic in the suggestions and feedback section.

There already is an option.
People just got to go edit their profile. In fact theres two places for some odd reason xD (bug??)
ai.imgur.com_eskhMdA.png

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
There already is an option.
People just got to go edit their profile. In fact theres two places for some odd reason xD (bug??)
ai-imgur-com_eskhmda-png.31801

You are absolutely correct your majesty :p

Those options were left over from the vB to XF conversion. Profile options I believe. And configurable options actually .
I'm not sure what sort of point you're making - but if we can do away with the bitter -40 outside COLD that we see in your screencap and welcome back Spring! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tis a little insane asylum being compelled to wear gloves inside LOL :eek:

J.

Sheldon

Fan
The banners here are still a bit broke... the weight they each hold makes ZERO sense.

Big Board below a Developer, but above a Coder/Designer? Staff above an Admin? Charter Member below both Premium and Active?

5 min in ACP and that could be sorted.

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
The banners here are still a bit broke... the weight they each hold makes ZERO sense.

Big Board below a Developer, but above a Coder/Designer? Staff above an Admin? Charter Member below both Premium and Active?

There's no need to sort them when a new design is being worked on. It'll look better soon. :russ:

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord

It seems fairly logical. The one at the top usually reflects the username markup colour.
As far as admin is concerned, the banner for that has the same colour as Coder / Designer.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
The order of the banners do not.
As far as charter member is concerned, if it's someone who was last on seven years ago and has ten posts then, would you consider that more of a contributor than someone with a thousand posts who is on everyday.. who isn't a charter member..?

Sheldon

Fan
As far as charter member is concerned, if it's someone who was last on seven years ago and has ten posts then, would you consider that more of a contributor than someone with a thousand posts who is on everyday..?

I've explained in previous posts my opinion.

It makes no sense to me.

And why does it have to be anything with "contribution". If its a "special" group, why isn't it located with other "special" groups?

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
I've explained in previous posts my opinion.

It makes no sense to me.

And why does it have to be anything with "contribution". If its a "special" group, why isn't it located with other "special" groups?
Active Member requires 20/posts per month/week. Premium requires you to pay once every month / year / five years.
These are both things which require an ongoing contribution.

So, the ordering logic makes sense to me.

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
This really isn't something that even deserves attention. As said, change is to come. I wouldn't worry about the current banners.

Sheldon

Fan
Active Member requires 20/posts per month/week. Premium requires you to pay once every month / year / five years.
These are both things which require an ongoing contribution.

So, the ordering logic makes sense to me.

No problem, I respect your opinion.

This really isn't something that even deserves attention.

Why not? Everything else is up for discussion. Are we not allowed to discuss this for some reason? Noted.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
This really isn't something that even deserves attention. As said, change is to come. I wouldn't worry about the current banners.
Is there any information on the change that is coming?

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Were not ready to show anything just yet, but I will say that the banner order as it stands will have no relevance with what's being designed.

Paul M

Super Moderator
I really dont care about the order, nor until now had I even given it a second thought.