Xenforo Forum Staff

R0binHood

Habitué
And clearly we read all full URLs on mobile before clicking them :rolleyes:
I shouldn’t have to scroll to the bottom of a page to find navigation because it’s been hidden at the top.

It’s a bad UI regression on XF2 that makes no sense and causes issues in multiple circumstances. It also happens when you find threads on search engine results and you don’t know what page your on once you’ve clicked through, and you can’t easily then jump to the start or end of the thread.

Last edited:

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
And clearly we read all full URLs on mobile before clicking them :rolleyes:
I shouldn’t have to scroll to the bottom of a page to find navigation because it’s been hidden at the top.

It’s a bad UI regression on XF2 that makes no sense and causes issues in multiple circumstances. It also happens when you find threads on search engine results and you don’t know what page your on once you’ve clicked through.
They probably thought it looked cleaner.

This is an interesting thing to consider though.

R0binHood

Habitué
In many instances the full url isn’t visible anyway. Anchored text, abbreviated and shortened links you can’t read before clicking, so the problem still needs to be solved once on the thread of where you are inside it and how to navigate it.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
IMO ...Pagination should be non existent on mobile, infinite scroll should become standard

as for permalinks ... they have never been fully used like they were designed on any platform, no matter how fancy the implementation. in most cases only forum owners and staff even know what they are and how to use them effectively

In many instances the full url isn’t visible anyway. Anchored text, abbreviated and shortened links you can’t read before clicking, so the problem still needs to be solved once on the thread of where you are inside it and how to navigate it.
Fortunately for me I use a real computer and don't have that problem ;)