XenForo Cloud Beta (now with add-on support)

zappaDPJ

Administrator
This cloud stuff will only dilute their efforts
You could say that about any company wanting to expand their product range. To stand still is to stagnate. A more likely scenario is Xenforo Cloud sales lead to an expanded workforce and an even stronger product.

Chris D

XenForo Developer
A more likely scenario is Xenforo Cloud sales lead to an expanded workforce and an even stronger product.
Exactly.

And to answer an earlier comment somewhat openly, XF 2.3 is currently at a fairly late stage of development. At least, had we not had the support of NixFifty and Jeremy P I'm not really sure it would even be on the radar at this point. The research and development time put into XenForo Cloud has been hugely significant and has taken a considerable portion of mine, Kier's and Mike's time.

Once completely launched there will, naturally, be a fair amount of support overhead and maintenance but it frees up the development time significantly to focus on building a product that benefits customers on both sides.

Meanwhile XenForo Cloud isn't about wooing existing customers. Many customers, particularly the ones who post here at TAZ and XenForo community, are a very small portion of the customers that exist in the forum space. Many power users/admins will not be customers of XenForo Cloud (some will, many won't).

Rather it has the potential to bring entirely new customers that we wouldn't have otherwise seen and therefore new revenue that would not have come our way. That cannot be a bad thing and it means an even brighter future for the product with the potential to significantly decrease the time between major releases.

Last edited:

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
You mean just like the outlook IPS has that folks like us aren't the centre of the universe? Say it ain't so! SAY IT AIN'T SO!

zappaDPJ

Administrator
For clarity, having earlier split this thread I've now moved certain posts from the thread split back into this thread in the forlorn hope we might stay on topic :cry:

Fait

Enthusiast
Thank you for your kind offer but we already have access to the needed expertise and much of it is already under way.

Thank you for the rest of your kind words.
As a web developer myself you guys have the most amazing software on the market! Keep it up though!

Pete

It’s on topic to talk about what features XF Cloud (powered by 2.3) would have… XD

Chris D

XenForo Developer
Except we're not talking about XF 2.3 yet so you'll have to wait!

Still quite a lot to do so it isn't imminent. But I just wanted to stress that it has been in development concurrently alongside XF Cloud and the larger development team has allowed for that.

Pete

You know we’re going to speculate anyways, right? XD

sanction9

Adherent
Meanwhile, Invision just announced yet another feature update with 4.6.8. Hope we can at least get an official announcement on XF 2.3 by the end of the year. 🙏