XenForo 2.2 and beyond

XenForo 2.2 HYS series will start from...

• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

• January 2020

• February 2020

• March 2020

• April 2020

• May 2020

Results are only viewable after voting.

Noble

Participant
Just about all questions are answered on the forums there but all depends on how fast you need the answer i guess.

Alfa1

Administrator
Most likely when they feel that what they have is interesting enough to release.

sbjsbj

Fan
Talking about "interesting", since Froala has released its new editor in May and has already 6 minor updates, I am expecting for the 2.2 XF release the new Froala Editor included. So, that would be one of the HYS I assume or a part of a miscellaneous one.

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo Developer
We have already implemented Froala v3 in XF 2.2.

It’s not actually all that noteworthy so while it might get mentioned in passing it wouldn’t be significant enough to be featured in HYS’ generally.

It’s pretty much just the same editor with a different skin.

sbjsbj

Fan
I thought maybe the new editor has new features or something like that which makes it noteworthy in a part of a HYS. But good to know that it's basically only cosmetics from a user point of view.

Curious about the upcoming HYS. Interested to see the new additions. Maybe this time more focus on the current addons? Or a new addon? Maybe this time more focus on content instead of user experience and moderation? Questions, questions... can't wait to see the answers. :D

R0binHood

Habitué
One of the best HYS from the last batch for me was the resizable images in the editor using click and drag using the bounding box points. It was one of those features that I didn't know I wanted, but is really awesome when you actually use it. Pleased to hear the editor is continuing to get some love, it's one of the features that feel like a downgrade IMO every time I test the IPS platform.

Hentai

Enthusiast
I placed my vote for February. 2019 always seemed optimistic to me.

sbjsbj

Fan
I'd guess 90%+ of those who already voted aren't going to come back & change their vote.
Changing the vote shouldn't be allowed anyway. It makes the poll useless.

Right now (or before) it showed the anticipation of when XF will come out.
Nobody though about that the coasting will this be long so the months have to be expanded to the next year. And now when people would change the voting, it wouldn't display the real results like when people really expected the new changes.

palhanow

Enthusiast
Well I’ve been optimistic about my vote.

Time to change to second semester of 2020 after this XF announcement still with a optimistic view.

DigNap15

Enthusiast
And its NO to user self deletion from me.
That would just cause chaos.
They can either ignore the forum or pm an admin.
(I have already had 2 smart arse members do it and it give me a WTF moment, and confused all of my members)

interista

Aspirant
Hello, does anyone know if XF plans to publish a new release anytime in the next 3 months?
I haven't heard anything