XenForo 2.2 and beyond

XenForo 2.2 HYS series will start from...

• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

• January 2020

• February 2020

• March 2020

• April 2020

• May 2020

Results are only viewable after voting.

Karll

Adherent
Developer Options
Hmm, that might be the last of the XF2.2 HYSs then. It seems logical to have the info for developers at the end.

Frode789

Participant
Hmm, that might be the last of the XF2.2 HYSs then. It seems logical to have the info for developers at the end.
Might be one more. 2.1 has 10 HYS (and dev one was second to last), while we have 9 now for 2.2. Would be cool with one more big core feature. A man can dream =)

And then Chris D said that news on new features for XF MG and XF RM would be after the core updates. So I'm hoping for some cool stuff there as well!

sanction9

Enthusiast
Might be one more. 2.1 has 10 HYS (and dev one was second to last), while we have 9 now for 2.2. Would be cool with one more big core feature. A man can dream =)
Exactly what I was thinking. One more HYS on the scale of the Forum and thread types one would elevate 2.2 to GREAT, as opposed to just very good. But heh, very good is, well, very good. :2thumbs:

JulianD

Participant
With this latest HYS looking as if it's the last one showing off new features for the core forum I can say so far there is only one new feature that I found exciting which is thread types. Everything else is kind of meh in my opinion.
I think it's a perfectly appropriate update for a second point release with enough changes for users, admins, designers and developers.

Replicant

Neophyte
I think it's a perfectly appropriate update for a second point release with enough changes for users, admins, designers and developers.
For a second point release in a context of 5 years ago? Yes. A good one.

In middle of 2020? It feels that they just (or almost?) equalized the score or put themselves just -1 point bellow, a totally recoverable result.

But the times don't go as the same speed as before.

Again, it is in their hands.

koraldon

Aspirant
As someone who thinks of migrating from phpbb to XF or IPB, XF 2.2. is less exciting than IPB 4.5.

It has one very good update (thread types), I like the PWA but the rest are nothing exciting. The mail feature has potential but currently it is limited to a single use case and not a full blown mail digest feature.

I still prefer XF overall because it has a style I like better, but feature wise IPB is significantly more advanced imho.

Taylor J

Fan
Ayeeeee the official forums got updated!!! Went into the HYS forum and everything looked amazing lmao.

Taylor J

Fan
After having the chance to use it now, I'm not a fan what so ever of the new editor. I don't like the gradient design nor the layout of it that is the default. It also just looks out of place from everything else.

Replicant

Neophyte
I still prefer XF overall because it has a style I like better, but feature wise IPB is significantly more advanced imho.
Totally this. If IPS could style in a XF way it would be the undisputed king of the hill. I can't stand the old feeling IPS shows in the UI.

DaveL

Habitué
After having the chance to use it now, I'm not a fan what so ever of the new editor. I don't like the gradient design nor the layout of it that is the default. It also just looks out of place from everything else.
I love it. Very clean with the main features at your fingertips.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I am missing something, I'm not seeing any gradients?

editor.jpg

I think it fits in rather well with the rest of the page but more importantly isn't this editor easier to style?

Taylor J

Fan
I am missing something, I'm not seeing any gradients?

View attachment 54559

I think it fits in rather well with the rest of the page but more importantly isn't this editor easier to style?
They have changed it a few times actually since I wrote that post, here is what it looked like at one point (this was after this first change and my post though)

1593095505738.png

borbole

Adherent
The new features added are great. Xf was and is the best forum in the market nowadays imho. I am also happy to see that they have expanded their staff. Excellent choice on the new developers. They are both very good. Congatulations to the xf staff on the new amazing version and keep up the great work. You are the best. :tup: