XenForo 2.2 and beyond

XenForo 2.2 HYS series will start from...

• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

• January 2020

• February 2020

• March 2020

• April 2020

• May 2020

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dubbed Navigator

Adherent
It shouldn't be. If your terms of use state that your forum takes ownership of posted content you simply need to ask the member to identify the PII they want removing.

Exactly what my TaC state, although I dd alter them when GDPR came in to this effect.
Its dead easy on XF, it even gives you the option upon account deletion.

Creaky

Adherent
Another HYS today about the new Progressive web app

DaveL

Habitué
Looking forward to the PWA.
Certainly coming out with some good updates in the HYS.

deslocotoco

Enthusiast
Another HYS today about the new Progressive web app

Very nice addition. Truly great improvement over the actual responsible theme.

As admins, we should make amendments to tell the users to “install” the app.

But I think the best option is to properly give the admins the option to go for App Store/Google, providing the package and all the stuff. Sounds more professional for any brand than just a shortcut.

Well, i can work with PWA. I hope my users can too.

DaveL

Habitué

But I think the best option is to properly give the admins the option to go for App Store/Google, providing the package and all the stuff. Sounds more professional for any brand than just a shortcut.

From what i've read, people are moving away from the stores and more towards PWA.

User2684

Neophyte

is there additional work to have this PWA once we upgrade the forum ?

DaveL

Habitué
That's presumably the reason why Apple doesn't want to support it, then!
Yup, wouldn't surprise me! Those 30%'s add up -Along with developer account fees etc.....

If I was a retailer and someone has come to my webiste, much easier to say "hey, click here to add a shortcut to your homescreen, and here's a 10% discount if you do", then getting them to navigate the app store to download the full app.

User37935

Neophyte
My growing excitement was dashed by the fact it won't work on iOS. Trying to remain optimistic, at least things will be in place if Apple decide to embrace it. I have to be honest, all I actually want is to be able to push notifications to the device (which the Pushover add-on Chris D wrote does on XF1.x but at last time of asking wasn't going to be updated for XF 2.x). I know you can do browser notifications on 2.x but that again is not on iOS.

DaveL

Habitué
My growing excitement was dashed by the fact it won't work on iOS. Trying to remain optimistic, at least things will be in place if Apple decide to embrace it. I have to be honest, all I actually want is to be able to push notifications to the device (which the Pushover add-on Chris D wrote does on XF1.x but at last time of asking wasn't going to be updated for XF 2.x). I know you can do browser notifications on 2.x but that again is not on iOS.

Hopefully forum members will see how restrictive Apple is.

User37935

Neophyte
Yeah, but you can't penalise or alienate your members for being Apple users. And I'm typing this on a Macbook!

I think responsive web + push notifications (even if via a third party app) is a brilliant combination but apparently I am a minority.

DaveL

Habitué
Yeah, but you can't penalise or alienate your members for being Apple users. And I'm typing this on a Macbook!

I think responsive web + push notifications (even if via a third party app) is a brilliant combination but apparently I am a minority.

You're not though, Apple is by not following the standards.
I have no issue making my members aware of this.

DigNap15

Habitué
Re members being able to delete their own accounts.
As you may know I am really against this.
Just recently I have had 2 members pm me that they realy enjoy my site, but becasue of some trolls and things going on in their lives, they decied to leave, but found that they could not.
Then they came back to my forum, and found that it helped them get through their problems, and they said they were glad they did not leave.
So its a big NO from me

Kintaro

Enthusiast
There’s an addon that send forum notifications to telegram:

User2684

Neophyte
There’s an addon that send forum notifications to telegram:

This addon is what I’m using, it’s pretty good.

sbjsbj

Fan
If PWA worked for iOS, I think this news would be worth 5x more than it is now.

Native Apps have the problems of not integrating 3rd party stuff, so having PWA is really a huge step. If only it worked for iOS...

I would say in average 60% of visitors are mobile users and half of it are iOS users, so in total 30% of the userbase can't use this which is sad.

deslocotoco

Enthusiast
From what i've read, people are moving away from the stores and more towards PWA.

Well, that's a nice information.

Can you share with us?

I always thought that people always seek for 'apps stores' when they want to download something for their smartphones.