XenForo 2.0 Improvements

Ashley S

Adherent
Hello,

Since XenForo 2.0 got released I've not seen many threads on TAZ mentioning about XenForo 2.0 needing improvements.

Are you using XenForo 2.0 if so what improvements need to be made? :tup:

haqzore

Devotee
I'm using it on a small site with very minimal mods.

I love it.
Zero complaints from users so far.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I've used it quite a bit but not so much on large, active forums. Setting aside missing functions provided by add-ons yet to be updated, I have encountered a few issues that would need fixing before I could deploy it.

There are a couple of 'service' issues, this being one of them and I keep encountering a bug that forces me to reload a page after hitting 'Post Reply' or similar function. The content is retained but will not submit without a page refresh. The problem with this bug (if it is a software bug) is I can't replicate it on demand.

Tecca

Fan
I'm not using it on any production site yet, but I have absolutely zero complaints so far. Very solid software. I thought the same thing with XF1, so I didn't expect much, but it's great so far.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Has anything popped up in the browser console log when this happens?
Nothing that I've seen. It appears to be related to some kind of time out but it's inconsistent. I've encountered the problem multiple times on two separate installations.

ŽivaAkcija

Aspirant
lots of forums owner got custom work on and plugins on XF1 its not easy upgrade to XF2 and realy if your forum run premium plugins, custom style, custom work its cost to much money to convert it all for XF2 also lots of developers decide to they XF2 premium plugin will not be free even if you got same ones for XF1.

dvduval

Adherent
I upgraded one forum yesterday and very smooth so far. Will upgrade the larger forum tomorrow (million posts)

Ashley S

Adherent
I upgraded one forum yesterday and very smooth so far. Will upgrade the larger forum tomorrow (million posts)
I guess since you've been upgraded have you found anything as of yet? Issues, bugs etc.

Banxix

Enthusiast
Is it just me or the installation process is much longer than v1?

Wes of StarArmy

Adherent
Have they fixed any of Xenforo's major weak spots?
  • Pathetic inability to manage private conversations (admins can't even lock conversation threads)
  • No way for users to easily add themselves to groups

dvduval

Adherent
I guess since you've been upgraded have you found anything as of yet? Issues, bugs etc.
I was very pleased with the first for him, and out the other one is upgraded to. I have them both running on PHP 7.2 as well. Everything is smooth and fast.

Have they fixed any of Xenforo's major weak spots?
  • Pathetic inability to manage private conversations (admins can't even lock conversation threads)
  • No way for users to easily add themselves to groups
I’m not saying that these are not issues, but fortunately for me they are not issues that have caused me any trouble. I am not aware of any conversation that needed to be blocked. If it reaches that point, we are simply banning them. I don’t know a lot about the use of groups but I’m sure it could be an interesting feature to more fully utilize.