Implemented Would you blog on TAZ?

Would you blog about admin topics on TAZ?

• Yes, definitely

• Might do

• No, not a chance

Results are only viewable after voting.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Are you talking about user level permissions or moderator level permissions? I haven't set up the moderator perms yet.
This is user level that needs to be addressed first, the admins should run the blog for now until the permissions are good on user level. That way you have more people for user level to test. Hope that makes sence.

The Sandman

Administrator
Might be a time limitation issue - I've made the editing time unlimited now so try again.

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Congratulations :) Just seen it (even by mistake). If I can post a suggestion, I think that after enabling the Blog section, you must move the tutorials from RM to Blogs.

cheat_master30

So blogs have been added now. Part of me wants to try them, and the other part of me doesn't feel like I have anything to write about at the moment.

Still, it's a nice enough feature none the less, and seems to work well based on the one blog I've seen on there at the moment.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
The User Blogging System has been installed! I just finished the initial configuration (there are a *ton* of options and settings) and it's not visible to guests yet, but I wanted to give everyone interested a chance to try it out.

I've created some initial categories and will add more as necessary. Also note the "Testing" category - if you want to give the blog creation process a try without worrying about how it comes out go right ahead and create one. If you want to keep it after it's created let me know and I'll move it to one of the other categories. Otherwise, I'll delete the test blogs regularly.

So go ahead and give blogs a try!
Thanks for the added functionality. It should be interesting to see how members use it.
My question is ... Are we only allowed to post blogs regarding the realm website/forum administration? I do see an 'off-topic' area. I'm curious to know if members can use it to post say ... personal, political commentary or topics that could be seen as straddling the line of controversy? :D

I think some ground rules are in order so that members know what is and/or isn't allowed.

J.

The Sandman

Administrator
can use it to post say ... personal, political commentary or topics that could be seen as straddling the line of controversy? :D
I take it you're not talking about puppies, kittens, and gardening?

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I take it you're not talking about puppies, kittens, and gardening?
Could be a blog on the puppy & kitten fighting over who get's to sit next to & own my mom's favorite garden gnome..
A bizarre bit of a post which could then segue into political discussion regarding the Dems & GOP acting like several sorts of wild animals in need of domestication, beginning with #PettyPOTUS :eek: LOL

J.

The Sandman

Administrator
Let me have a think on what the rules for off-topic blogging will be.

we_are_borg

Administrator
I will set up permissions tomorrow.
When your doing that can you communicate the image size for cover image so people upload the correct size. Else we see clipping like my image that i uploaded.

Alfa1

Administrator
Cropping is hard to avoid. The thumb size is 200 x 135.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Cropping is hard to avoid. The thumb size is 200 x 135.
Thanks now to make sure that people understand if they upload that its not cropped and that they then upload the normal image.

Alfa1

Administrator
I don't understand what you mean. Please explain.

Alfa1

Administrator
I dont think you can make sure. People will just use whatever image they can find or like.

Soulwatcher

Devotee
I don't want to sound like a negative nancy but I don't see the point of a blog on a forum management forum. I can't wait to see who makes the first real blog that's not a admin or moderator.