Worst way to promote

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
Put super illegal stuff on there to attract all the criminals and watch as the FBI seizes your domain and drags you off for a "friendly chat" lol

You might even appear on television in handcuffs, so much free publicity lol

Digitalpoint

Brain
I think he had very limited access.
Lol no access. Digital Point ran fine for 5 months without any admins or anyone that could access servers even if something *did* happen.

It was a good test of the cluster infrastructure I built. Works great... everything is fully redundant/fault tolerant and self healing if anything unexpected does happen. :)

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Lol no access. Digital Point ran fine for 5 months without any admins or anyone that could access servers even if something *did* happen.

It was a good test of the cluster infrastructure I built. Works great... everything is fully redundant/fault tolerant and self healing if anything unexpected does happen. :)

Yes but what server do you have and how much fail over. If you have resources it should work.

Digitalpoint

Brain
Yes but what server do you have and how much fail over. If you have resources it should work.
Ya, obviously if you are going with no single point of failure you need redundancy. My main cluster is 8 servers, each with 32 Xeon cores, 1TB RAM, 6 drives in a RAID-6 (any 2 can fail without issue) interconnected with 56Gbit Infiniband, all servers are writeable database masters (ElasticSearch and database are accessible to all through localhost). Any 4 servers could have catastrophic failure and end users wouldn’t know anything happened.

Although I had nothing fail {knock on wood} while I was on “vacation”, and only 2 hard drives (out of the 48) have ever failed but wasn’t a biggie with the RAID setup.

One nice thing about the setup is you can take advantage of the redundancy/failover to do things like server software upgrades or even full operating system upgrades. As long as you don’t take down more than 4 servers at once, there’s no end user downtime.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
I am in love with that setup but i cant afford it. I have got two servers at home Xeon core but have no idea how many cores i’ll need to look that up my memorey is not as it should.