Workforums.net | Employment & Jobs Community

Hangman

Tazmanian
What is the name of your forum/website?: Workforums.net

Description of your forum's topic?: Discussion on employment, work and job related matters. A place for job hunters to share their stories, tips and advice, and also for those already in work who want to keep ahead of the curve, and learn how to become better at their job. There is also a troubleshooting area where advice can be sought on tricky issues where some emotional detachment can help people see through a problem and offer resolutions which may not seem clear.

What is the URL?: http://workforums.net

Date of launch?: Difficult to put my finger on :D I'd say around the beginning of February. Currently building up the content.

What software do you use for this forum?: Invision Power Board. Currently using version 3, but intending on upgrading to version 4 once it's out and stable.

Additional details about your forum you might want to add: Currently I am focusing on building general employment content, but eventually I hope to expand it, pending I get people interested enough to sign up and post, into sections for common trades and professions. The main topic I hope will continue to be general employment matters, and how to resolve issues. I guess it's a little like TAZ, but for members and admins of the 'real world' ;)

Please feel very welcome to register and post a few messages to keep me company.

Hangman

Tazmanian
The content is slowly flowing in now, and we have a couple of members too! Feel welcome to join in the fun and make a start on taking your career to the next level!

Hangman

Tazmanian
Thanks SocialMediaHub Let me know if you need any help, or would like to ask any questions. We're very welcoming of new members, and there are lots of topics to choose from, or perhaps start the thread you have in your mind :)

Hangman

Tazmanian
We have now upgraded to IPB4 - a far superior mobile viewing platform, I'm loving the site even more than I did when I started it now.

MantraGaming

Aspirant
Why Invision? I suggest you a vBulletin for your site,with a forum like this,plenty full of informations you need a more secure forum software imo.

Hangman

Tazmanian
Invision Power Board is my software of choice, having owned a licence for over 10 years. In addition, IPB4 is far superior to vBulletin in every way - the only other software I would consider would be xenforo, but I am not overly keen on it as it's so new to me - plus out of the box IPB4 is easier to set up, and has a nicer user experience (IMO) - great on mobile too.

MantraGaming

Aspirant
Well i've never workd with IP Board but i can clearely say they're not superior to vBulletin which is the most popular board software used by the biggest forums.

Why do you think it's so superior?

Hangman

Tazmanian
I think if you start to have a read of the vBulletin forum here on TAZ you will begin to discover the many reasons that makes IPB4 a clearly better product, both in terms of modernity, support and user experience.

Regardless, I prefer it :) personal choice wins when it's me paying the bills.

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Why Invision? I suggest you a vBulletin for your site,with a forum like this,plenty full of informations you need a more secure forum software imo.

This is a showcase thread, don't turn it into yet another "which software is best/better" discussion.

Actually, in general, you should avoid giving software "advice" such as this unless the person you're giving it to actually asked for such advice. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to push your software choice on others.

Hangman

Tazmanian
We have a host of new threads running at the moment as well as a nice new theme which is great for desktop and mobile browsing. You should all come visit and vent/learn about your office politics and, how to deal with it and remain sane and in one piece :D

Hangman

Tazmanian
Perhaps some interesting news in that the very first 'by industry' forum has been created, which is on the subject of pharmaceuticals (the industry in which I work). Hopefully the first of many as industry leaders step forward and help support the site. Volunteers are always welcome :)