Wordpress says 1 update but there is no update!

Soulwatcher

Devotee
Wordpress says I have 1 update but when I click update there is no update. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Greg

zappaDPJ

Administrator
As far as I'm aware the last update was issued May 8th. Could it be a notification for a plugin update?

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Just go to Dashboard. And click on the updates icon in the top bar. It will list WordPress, Theme and Plugin updates.

Soulwatcher

Devotee
Just go to Dashboard. And click on the updates icon in the top bar. It will list WordPress, Theme and Plugin updates.
When I do that nothing is listed and the update goes away but as soon as I leave the page it says I have a update again.

Greg

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Strange ! Go to plugins, appearance options and see if there is any plugin or theme update available. I don't recall seeing any from WordPress lately.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
You could probably fix it by examining the content in the _site_transient_update_plugins row in the wp_options table.

Drastic

Habitué
the best solution is to use xenforo and a portal or article or blog option!

well, that's what's worked for me. :)

Soulwatcher

Devotee
I would rather have wordpress and xenforo and xenforo bridge. Wordpress drove a lot of traffic to my past websites and xenforo drives good traffic too so I am hoping to get awesome traffic once the website gets established.

Anyway now its showing 2 updates with nothing to update. :biggun:

Greg

Soulwatcher

Devotee
Thank god I did a good search and it was W3 Total Cache causing the problems, Its fixed now. :Party:

P.S. thank you all for your help.

Greg