WordPress Default SEO Issue

Venkatweetz

Aspirant
I'm using WordPress photography websites. By default, it comes with keyword tag for each photo. When I see the cached version of the page it displayed all tags in the links. Will Google consider this as a keyword stuffing practice? There is no error sign on Google console and other SEO third-party tools.

Am I safe?

Pandemixx

Aspirant
If I understand you correctly, you can adjust what shows in your site's permalinks by going to WP Admin > Settings > Permalinks and choose how you want your URLs to be structured. WordPress is smart enough to 301 redirect your old scheme to anything new you set here, so you won't have to worry about any indexed pages losing traffic.

On another note—and this is easy to take care of with Yoast (as per Jim McClain's suggestion)—since you have a photography site you'll most likely want to disable the Media pages WordPress creates for each image you upload.

This has caused some annoying duplicate content issues for myself and clients in the past, and Yoast has a feature built-in where you can disable them easily (I assume you won't be using them). If you don't use Yoast, this plugin will do it for you as well: https://wordpress.org/plugins/attachment-pages-redirect/