Wondering how much to ask for one of my websites

I am looking to probably sell a Xenforo 1.x photography forum: https://www.cameraderie.org

A big priority for me is to find the right owner. I started that site in 2010, and there's a great bunch of folks who call it home. I want to do right by them!

It has gone through a few name changes, in the past called SeriousCompacts.com and PhotographersLounge.org.

Current forum stats:
27k threads
313k posts
10k members

I just started using Google Analytics there in August. Here's what my audience data looks like since then:

3moaudience.png

I had a few smaller sites (Fujixspot.com, LeicaPlace.com, ForeverFilm.org) that I merged into it earlier in the year. Otherwise, I've spent virtually zero time on this site for the past couple years, either in terms of development, improvement, or monetization..

I don't really have a good way to generate a P&L for the site, because several of my revenue streams are combined across multiple sites, and this is one of my smaller sites. My best estimate is that there is about $40-50/month of revenue.

There is a significant storage requirement for the site due to the fact that so many photos are hosted. There are about 49GB of files total.

Anton Chigurh

Ultimate Badass
May I suggest making an inquiry to John Gonzales of Forum Foundry? He buys message boards, owns a lot of them. He might be interested in this specialty niche.

http://forumfoundry.com/

Nice looking site by the way.

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
What's the relationship between your site and the 3 other camera sites linked in your main menu?

Send me a PM, I wouldn't mind a chance to take details with the. :)

I own all four sites.

TalkEmount is a Sony site
Nikon Cafe is a Nikon Site
Mu-43 is a Micro 4/3 (Olympus and Panasonic) site

The one I am thinking to sell is a general photography forum - all brands invited but most of the interest there is in the mirrorless type of cameras.

A lot of people who are members at Cameraderie found it from my other sites and are members on one of the other sites also. But for example, the Fuji and Leica camera users who used to shoot Micro 4/3 or Sony no longer feel at home on the other sites but may still be active on Cameraderie.

I own all four sites.

TalkEmount is a Sony site
Nikon Cafe is a Nikon Site
Mu-43 is a Micro 4/3 (Olympus and Panasonic) site

The one I am thinking to sell is a general photography forum - all brands invited but most of the interest there is in the mirrorless type of cameras.

A lot of people who are members at Cameraderie found it from my other sites and are members on one of the other sites also. But for example, the Fuji and Leica camera users who used to shoot Micro 4/3 or Sony no longer feel at home on the other sites but may still be active on Cameraderie.
Did you merge them into Cameraderie...? The other sites you listed are called "niche" sites. When you're stretched out, like I think you are (because you're thinking of selling one of them), it's better to merge rather than just selling one part of your network.

Clever name, by the way. It's merging two words by playing on both words. Camera + Camaraderie.

I used to have 6 niche sites plus Cameraderie. The smallest three of the niche sites were already merged into Cameraderie earlier this year. That leaves the other three you quoted.

I'm thinking that those three can all do very well in their niche, so I am reluctant to merge them into Cameraderie. I'm considering merging Cameraderie into on the of the niche sites as an "other systems" section, but I'm concerned about how it will work out.

I used to have 6 niche sites plus Cameraderie. The smallest three of the niche sites were already merged into Cameraderie earlier this year. That leaves the other three you quoted.

I'm thinking that those three can all do very well in their niche, so I am reluctant to merge them into Cameraderie. I'm considering merging Cameraderie into on the of the niche sites as an "other systems" section, but I'm concerned about how it will work out.
Well, I think Cameraderie is the "all encompassing" (all purpose) forum of photography. If you merge Cameraderie into of your niche site, it will feel a little out of place. You're going backwards. IMHO, anyway.

When I merge my niche site somewhere, it's DestroyRepeat, because it's an all purpose gaming forum.

The other thing to consider is when YOU merge your Cameraderie posts into two different sites, when you decide to merge it into another one, it will look like duplicates. Since you've already said you are considering merging Cam into niche sites...? Just a thought. In my opinion, chose one, because it will be weird when you decide to combine them all into one place. (Duplicate posts)