Windows 11

Chokkol

Aspirant
I have a simple rule: if something works, it should not be updated or reinstalled. So I did not switch to Windows 11, because now my laptop runs stably on Windows 10. Especially since there are some inconveniences by reactivating the software I currently use. I am currently planning to upgrade my RAM to improve the multitasking of my laptop. I read about timings and RAM frequency, it will not be difficult to do. By the way, a few days ago Microsoft strongly recommended that I switch to Windows 11, but I refused.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Except that Windows 10 pushes new updates every month (many for valid security reasons)… makes it hard not to update.

Reactions: FTL

Splinter2

Participant
I run Windows 11 on three PCs, one of which is Insider Beta just for kicks but all the others are still on Win 10, including my main gaming machine because I prefer clean installs and I simply can't bear the hassle at the moment due to having to reinstall so much stuff. I'll probably do an upgrade on this one when I've tidied it up.
But what gets me is this TPM and min requirements nonsense. Easy to get around with some reg hacks at the install screen, but the whole issue is just a joke.

AdamD

Devotee
If you use Rufus to make a bootable USB stick, you can opt to remove the secure/tpm stuff from the windows installer.
Makes it a bit easier.

Obdojony

Aspirant
I like Windows 11, yet some options are a bit meh. Like when I cannot drag the file from a folder to a folder or an application via the Start bar.