Why you need to focus on Video Advertising in 2018

jGas

Fan
jGas submitted a new Article:

Why you need to focus on Video Advertising in 2018

Hi TAZ!
I recently published a research about video advertising on my website and wanted to share a short and sweet version here on The Admin Zone. Ready?
--

View attachment 50789

Videos are the marketing tool with the highest engagement rates nowadays on the internet. Every day, more marketers are using video ads to promote their products and services effectively. But how can you take advantage of them?

For video advertising to work you need to understand video best practices, how to allocate your ad budget, and which platform can give you the highest return on ad spent.

Let's see why you need to use ads in 2018, and how to plan for a highly effective ad.

Why you need to use video ads in 2018

With video ad spend to reach $20B by 2020, we know that more and more companies are investing in videos.

In fact, the average time viewers spent watching video ads in 2017 has grown by 19% compared to the year before.

On top of that, the Video Completion Rate (Videos Played All the Way Through) reached a staggering 69% in 2017.

But if you want to succeed with video ads in 2018, there are some things you should know.

First, like for every digital marketing channel, also the video space starts to get saturated and CTR is lower compared to previous years.

To win the video ad war, in 2018 we’ll probably see more companies competing with shorter ads. To start, Snapchat limits ads to a max of 10 seconds, and also Facebook recommends video ads to be 15 seconds or shorter.

IAB released a great research and discovered that 10-second videos can help maximize impact among Millennials, who are particularly sensitive to mobile ad clutter. Mobile video ads for this audience should be well targeted, relevant and enjoyable to help maximize its potential impact.

An upside of shorter ads is that they allow more ab testing: it’s much easier to create four versions of a 10-second ad, than four versions of a 30-second ad, give the same budget and timeframe.

The last trend, of course, is about mobile.

In fact, mobile video viewing is set to break records in 2018.

In 2018 is predicted that people will globally watch 25% more video on mobile devices. Ad spending is...
Read more about this article here...

SujanAzadParikh

Aspirant
Yes, I do agree that in the future, more and more companies will shift their focus towards short and meaningful video ads to attract thier audiences. This tactic will no doubt be the order of the day in 2018 - Sujan Azad Parikh.

R0binHood

Habitué
I agree, but this doesn’t seem like much use to forum owners (looking to sell video ads) until forums are better equipped to handle native video upload. Something that has been lacking on forums for a long time in comparison to other platforms.

KimmiKat

Adherent
And hopefully ad-blockers can stop those, especially for those with limited bandwidth. This is not TV.

R0binHood

Habitué
You shouldn’t be watching video’s if you’re on limited bandwidth.

And if you are watching vids on your limited bandwidth, you should be willing to watch a 5 second ad In order to access high hosting cost video content to support the community you’re visiting.

jGas

Fan
I read the article word by word; I have been working on Youtube marketing for a while and I could clearly make out that I was lagging on various performance indicators
The nice thing of youtube ads is that you can create a sort of "sales funnel" directly with video.

You start with the first video, and based on the interaction with that video (was it watched until the end or skipped) you can serve a different second ad to the same person. In "forum" terms, this can be useful to push the free registration and later to push to upgrade to a paid membership.

Also, you can use custom audiences or retargeting to show ads only to forum members, driving your ad cost down. Just take all the email addresses of registred users and create a custom audience in facebook or youtube to show a highly relevant ad only to people that are already engaged with your brand.

xmoonlight444

Aspirant
I agree, great information in this article regarding the use of videos to capture the right audience. :)

martin smith

Participant
Video advertising is very helpful to improve our business... thanks for sharing the article...

Billy James

Neophyte
So true, accurate observation friend, Very important to focus on technology and service both because generation is changed, So on people and in this revolution time we have to stay on track with current updates.

Maria Jones

Neophyte
I agree, great article, and what do you think about this kind of logo presentation? just an example...