Why Facebook & Instagram Have Been Failing - Video

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Platforms pushing FOMO and 'personalized feed homepages' stretched people's patience to the limit. Now theyre facing a troublesome goliath: time.
How much time can real humans actually sacrifice to platforms and activities that demand their exclusive and fulltime commitment and everyday? One, two platforms is already too much - can you juggle 10, in addition to work and school you get homework from everyday?

Network effect is the only thing keeping them still symbolically active on facebooked and instafraud, and increasingly desperate notifications, pseudo-newsletters and reminder emails just burn them out at a slower pace. Even forum members face burnout from just their membership stretching long enough.

One reason its smart to keep fluff ephemereal rather than archived for all eternity is that it simplifies leaving platforms, minimizes your online footprint, and easens migration of groups and their adoption of new services, wether at the scale of a small group, family or a nation.

DigNap15

Fan
I have seen a lot of Instgram photographer users compain about their constant playing with the platform,
Trying to turn it ino a version of Tik Tok

KimmiKat

Fan
Now only if Freakbook can implode. FB does all that crap to monitize the crap out of everything!

Curator

Aspirant
Social media in general should fade away.
I left Facebook a couple of years back and I will be leaving twitter soon.
They aren't valuable tools from my perspective and my friends are people that I actually see and speak with.

DigNap15

Fan
Social media in general should fade away.
I left Facebook a couple of years back and I will be leaving twitter soon.
They aren't valuable tools from my perspective and my friends are people that I actually see and speak with.
But it won't (at least not in a hurry)
Have you seen that just about everyone has a moibile phone in their hand, and that they are on them just about 24/7

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Carrying devices connected 24/7 doesnt matter if you want quality engagement and production of content. The last thing busy people need is constant endless harassment from notifications, pings, emails and mentions following them everywhere. People are burned out from 'too much internet all the time' and ditching forums and social networks is a crude attempt at curating their exposure.

Communities being accessible at the visitor's own instigated initiative and non-irregular schedules is more sustainable, and forums in particular need that no stress sustainability. The implementation of many features originally designed to increase engagement originated when people mostly used computers they used in fixed times while in active usage (ie during work day, after school).

DigNap15

Fan
Carrying devices connected 24/7 doesnt matter if you want quality engagement and production of content. The last thing busy people need is constant endless harassment from notifications, pings, emails and mentions following them everywhere. People are burned out from 'too much internet all the time' and ditching forums and social networks is a crude attempt at curating their exposure.

Communities being accessible at the visitor's own instigated initiative and non-irregular schedules is more sustainable, and forums in particular need that no stress sustainability. The implementation of many features originally designed to increase engagement originated when people mostly used computers they used in fixed times while in active usage (ie during work day, after school).
I agree with what you say.
I'm on desktop and I get far too many emails