Question Why are you deleting silently messages?

sbjsbj

Fan
Why do you delete our messages without telling us the reason behind it?

Do you think we won't notice it then?

I thought this place is a place for people to talk openly about the forum business, yet you censor perfectly fine messages without giving us any notice about it. I want to know why.

Thanks.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
I deleted that message because it quoted a message that was deleted, i forgot to put a reason in towards the users mainly i was at work. I talked to an admin and his response was “I don’t think that is something we want here” and i agreed. Also it was posted in a topic that had nothing to do with the topic.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
We are talking about it in the background the final say is with The Sandman about this if he allows it then we will restore the posts.

sbjsbj

Fan
I deleted that message because it quoted a message that was deleted, i forgot to put a reason in towards the users mainly i was at work.
Alright, no problem, mistakes happen. You still could pmed the reason afterwards. No big deal, it just looked a bit shady to me so I wanted to be sure.

“I don’t think that is something we want here” and i agreed. Also it was posted in a topic that had nothing to do with the topic
I disagree in both cases.

There were several cases where devs were reviewed on here and were talked about excessively. All of them had to withstand several accusations or things like that. So why is this different? Is this fair towards everyone?

And yes, it was related to the topic. Nobody defined the definition of "best". And if some people suggested some "best" ones, you also have to expect that some people might disagree with that. That is the nature of a topic.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Alright, no problem, mistakes happen. You still could pmed the reason afterwards. No big deal, it just looked a bit shady to me so I wanted to be sure.

Well i did not think off it at all we delete topics without letting people know sometimes we only have moments to moderate and after sometime we just forget to let people know. Thats why i responded on your topic.

I disagree in both cases.

There were several cases where devs were reviewed on here and were talked about excessively. All of them had to withstand several accusations or things like that. So why is this different? Is this fair towards everyone?

And yes, it was related to the topic. Nobody defined the definition of "best". And if some people suggested some "best" ones, you also have to expect that some people might disagree with that. That is the nature of a topic.

You may disagree, but its about who are good developers not what they did that’s another topic.

sbjsbj

Fan
No, nothing like that actually.
It depens on how you define "like that".

You may disagree, but its about who are good developers not what they did that’s another topic.
But what is "good". Nobody defined the term for "good devs". For me personality is also a big factor, not just the quality of code one delivers.
So a "good developer" for you might be a bad one for me. We are free to have our own opinion of "good" and "bad". So you are not in the state of dictating me what I should find good or bad.