Whos using MYBB

Zachery

Moo
Test data, eg a MyBB database that I can use to test the importer on and find out what if anything breaks or doesn't import.

IMPAQ

Nuyorican Soul
PacMan said:
Just a heads up, some high profile hacks for Vbulletin are no longer supported by the authors and some have even been removed.
Really? I'm just looking for things like a journal/blog modification, an arcade (I'd use ibproarcade) and an articles modication.

Others, well... I guess I'd have to take a look at what's available and get a feel for the software itself. I also have to take into consideration what additional features (through hacks) I feel my members would benefit from.

Zachery said:
Test data, eg a MyBB database that I can use to test the importer on and find out what if anything breaks or doesn't import.
I'd be happy to send over mine, if you want. It's not that large. (16 megs or something.)

PacMan

Tazmanian
IMPAQ said:
Really? I'm just looking for things like a journal/blog modification, an arcade (I'd use ibproarcade) and an articles modication.
Both arcade systems were either pulled from vb.org or support was dropped at one time. New versions are comming for VB 3.5, but I have not been really follwing the arcade threads.

KeithMcL

Freelance Web Designer
I've stopped using myBB. I decided to buy a second vB license. Spent the last few hours making trying to get my vB theme to look the same as the old myBB one :)

IMPAQ

Nuyorican Soul
KeithMcL said:
I've stopped using myBB. I decided to buy a second vB license. Spent the last few hours making trying to get my vB theme to look the same as the old myBB one :)
Did you try to convert your old myBB database?

Zachery

Moo
You can send it to zachery dot woods at geekydesigns dot com and I'll run it though once and let you see how it goes.

KeithMcL

Freelance Web Designer
IMPAQ said:
Did you try to convert your old myBB database?
No because it was a new forum with only 2 members and about 15 posts :)

IMPAQ

Nuyorican Soul
Zachery said:
You can send it to zachery dot woods at geekydesigns dot com and I'll run it though once and let you see how it goes.
Sent. Thanks for looking into it. :p

HellRaiseR

Adherent
I have used IPB, phpBB, IPB, vB and UBB and in all honesty I have always been most satisfied with vBulletin. I like MyBB though, to be honest. It's like a little brother to vB but it's nice to use. I'm waiting for "gold" at the moment though. Then we'll really be able to see what that bad boy's able to do.

Zachery

Moo
Might not want to hold your breath too long, alot of people have been waiting for gold for over a year now.

HellRaiseR

Adherent
haha. I always liked phpBB. Olympus is looking hot too. But that's getting a little off topic.

Have you tried MyBB?

IMPAQ

Nuyorican Soul
Zachery said:
Might not want to hold your breath too long, alot of people have been waiting for gold for over a year now.
Agreed. Development has pretty much been at a snail's pace. It's pretty pathetic. It's a shame, because it is a nice piece of software. I like it. I just wish things would speed up a bit. :banghead:

Oh, well... onto the big brother. I'mma have the wife buy me a license for Christmas. lol

Justin S.

Developer
MyBB 1.0 has been released now! Maybe now some mod makers/plugin makers who said they would make this one mod for 1.0 Final will finally do it! :)

IMPAQ

Nuyorican Soul
Belloman said:
MyBB 1.0 has been released now! Maybe now some mod makers/plugin makers who said they would make this one mod for 1.0 Final will finally do it! :)
Hopefully. It only took over 3 years to go final. :Order:

I'll upgrade later.

stevie jones

Enthusiast
Ok, I made the move to MyBB about a week ago, and I love it so far. All I want is to build a community, and MyBB is perfect for that.

If you like bulletin boards with loads of hacks, then phpBB is the way to go, if you like complex forums SMF is the way to go. If like me you just want a plain basic forum go for MyBB.

It has everything I need it to have. Though if I could afford it, I'd go vB...

Nameslot

Buy and Sell Domains
I am using MyBB and have developed custom mods for it. Have aa look at it on my forum. I think you will enjoy it.