Which one is forum Url seo friendly?

ShahinPB

Aspirant
Hello Guys. :)

My concern is how these forum URL gonna affect seo, page ranking in google. After using Wordpress for long time, I'm planing to start new site with forum (Vbulletin) on it but I have some of these question: (I use an example of path)

General forums (with 3 forum and -2 sub forum)
News -General Rules (Guidelines)
Feedback -Suggestion
Member zone

so when I click on "News" forum, It take me to "aaa.com/forum2.html"
and if I click on "General Rules" which its sub forum of "News" it take me to "aaa.com/forum114.html"
So if I click on one of the topics in either of these forum, my Url will be "aaa.com/thread33.html"

So my questions are, is it wise to change those "forum#.html" to the name of forum, sub forums? like "aaa.com/News.html "and for sub forum of that "aaa.com/General-Rules.html "or "aaa.com/news/general-rules.html" ?

And for topics, which one is better too? like "aaa.com/[forums-title]/[topic-name].html" or "aaa.com/[topic-name].html"?

Thank you for your time. :)

ShahinPB

Aspirant
P.S little update, I'm planing to use wordpress on this second site too so i'm moving my forum to subdomain. like: forum.aaa.com
(this I forgot to add on last post)

Last edited:

esquire

Habitué
If it's impacting, it is very small these days and many other items take far more precedence. Note that there may be an impact on human users should your bare links be cited offsite (or even onsite) as words may provide context to an otherwise uninformative numbered link.

darnoldy

Curmudgeon
If you look at the really cryptic URLs used by many big, high-ranking sites, you will see that it really makes no difference—focus your SEO efforts elsewhere.