Which forum software would you fork?

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
I threatened to make a new admin forum so I made myself the forum owner at AAF :p beat that one lol

AllanD

Habitué
I would love to see a fork of phpbb3 that is upgraded in the mod install and adding move features, then I don't think it would be so bad.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
I thought it meant to be more features. So easy to go down to 'v' instead of up to 'r' if you're not 100% concentrating on what you're doing. You'd be surprised how often I type completely the wrong word; earlier I wrote 'deserve' instead of 'desire' and it could have completely changed the tone of my message had I not noticed...

AllanD

Habitué
Yeah I am great for typos, I do it all the time. Even after I proof read them. It was meant to be more :p

emanuele

Bugs Developer
Allan said:
Yeah I am great for typos, I do it all the time. Even after I proof read them. It was meant to be more :p
LOL
I was sleeping at the time. xD

Smokey

Enthusiast
For me it'd have to be either IPB or Xenforo. Probably Xenforo since it's more light-weight and still in it's infancy, so I can put in just the features I'd want in it still, etc.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Of course, the more feats you add, the slower software tends to get. So you gotta find a way to be able to add more without slowing things down.

Smokey

Enthusiast
Shawn said:
Of course, the more feats you add, the slower software tends to get. So you gotta find a way to be able to add more without slowing things down.
Exactly. I'm looking forward to seeing this place on IPB 4.0 in the future, but I don't know if i'd use IPB as a fork at this stage of it's life....maybe back when it was 1.x or 2.x, but now? I'm not so sure if that'd be a good idea. :p

RiverM

404 title not found
XenForo and IPB - I'd take the awesome stuff from both of them and make one software from it.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
To fork means to take the current state of development, branch off and continue in your own development path. From your posts I'd say your answer would be IPB.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Whoa now... I always thought forking was making a forum software act as an eating utensil !!! :p