Which Forum Software Is The Best?

Which Forum Software is the Best in your opinion?

• Invision Community

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • phpBB

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • SMF

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • MyBB

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • vBulletin

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • WoltLab Burning Board

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • XenForo

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • nodeBB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discourse

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Vanilla

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Elkarte

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I have to admit I was completely wrong about Xenforo. I have to admit that it is one good piece of forum software and yes in my opinion it is better than all versions of vbulletin.

I think it's fair to say that XenForo is what vBulletin could have been and a lot more if it hadn't been for the legal shenanigans. It's the natural successor and a product that former vBulletin users should already have some familiarity with.

Was it anything in particularly the caused you to have a change of mind?

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I think it's fair to say that XenForo is what vBulletin could have been and a lot more if it hadn't been for the legal shenanigans. It's the natural successor and a product that former vBulletin users should already have some familiarity with.

Was it anything in particularly the caused you to have a change of mind?
The turning point for me was the built in giphy but to be honest after a few weeks of steady usage and having my custom style designed by sultan themes it just won me over. So I guess you could say it wasn’t just one specific thing.
I have to agree with you in regards to your vbulletin comment.

dojo

Passionate admin
It's been a while since I cared about it, but since I run 2 forums now (one just as a case study to confirm some of my SEO tricks), I chose Xenforo because it's responsive. I loved MYBB back in the day, but not being responsive is a huge deal. XF has some serious SEO issues as well, but I am ranking pretty well on my main keywords even so, which makes it OK :)

borbole

Adherent
Before Ipb released their latest version, 4.5. my vote would have been xf without a doubt. But now I did vote for Ipb as 4.5 is excellent and much much better than the other forums imo.

Michael_

Aspirant
For me personally vbulletin 3 is overall the greatest software ever made.
I also still love the old free burning board lite 1.0.2pl3 because its so easy to modify. Its my favourite as long as you dont need features like multilanguage support and plugin system.
But of course this is already 20 years old software and therefore not what most websites demand these days.

From todays systems i think IPS is the best overall.
Followed by xenforo which is also very nice but IPS in my opinion is better if you also need a CMS. :)

When it comes to free forum software there have really been better days in my opinion.
I think myBB is great but will they ever come out with 1.9 / native responsive templates?

I've never been a fan of phpBB 3 or smf. It works but i dont like it and would not want to use it on any of my sites.