Where are you, xenForo?

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
It's just a week off being two months.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
it takes a while to add a bunch of stuff to try to compete with other softwares

but in reality what everyone wants is for them to focus on mobility.

- certified ips fanboy post

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I personally think the XF guys have done a superb job with introducing a bug-free software that will continually grow to be the best and most-beloved software in the industry. And I'm not a fangirl persay ... It's just that I can appreciate the hell outta the XF software. Period.

So ... ** APPLAUSE, CHEERS & STANDING OVATION TO YOU XF GUYS**
cheering.gif
cheers.gif
cheering.gif

J.

I personally think the XF guys have done a superb job with introducing a bug-free software
Not so much "BUG FREE". Since July 2010 there have been 333 pages of reported bugs. As of today there are still 18 bug reports outstanding. this is just the xf 1.x.x. series.
xf 2 series now has 77 pages of reported bugs with 5 pages of bug reports outstanding.

Chris D

XenForo Developer
If you look back at the release history, we tend to do maintenance releases every 4-8 weeks, usually closer to the end of that range, but sometimes beyond it.

We cleared out half of the bugs last week, with the other half being worked on probably next week. Release of 2.0.8 not long after.

Nothing particularly unusual about this but hope that clarifies things.

Pete

I don't have a problem with the speed of XF right now, it feels like the pace a solid product built by 3 people should have.

On the flip side, I'm just sad that neither XF nor IPS will ever be suitable for the use case I have and that the quickest way to get there was to just do my own thing.

If you look back at the release history, we tend to do maintenance releases every 4-8 weeks, usually closer to the end of that range, but sometimes beyond it..
There are times you guys do release a new version bi-weekly. But this week, you guys pushed out not one, but two releases days apart. :) Good job, team! Now, how about an update that fixes those bugs...? :whistle:

Or an update with new features!? YES! :tup:

Pete

It’s what basically everyone does for security releases, partially because it reuses existing build processes and partially so it encourages people to update.

sanction9

Adherent
If there are bugs adversely affecting your forum that you're hoping to have fixed, I can understand wanting some updates as quickly as possible, but otherwise I don't get the eagerness for regular releases. Not likely to see anything "exciting" before 2.1.