When will you shift your live board from XF1 to XF2?

• I will switch immediately as soon as XF2 stable is released

• I will wait a few months and see how it works

• I will wait at least for XF2.1

• I will wait till ultima and shift only when all my add-ons are XF2 compatible

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
I wonder how accurate these numbers are.
I presume a lot of the installs reported are actually counted twice (while they were on XF1, then XF2), and the total count will fluctuate until all known forums are rescanned.
Even then it will likely be inaccurate since forums will keep upgrading to xf2 between scans.

dethfire

Habitué
I figure 2.1 will be out in late summer. I can wait till then. So much to plan.

Digitalpoint

Brain
I wonder how accurate these numbers are.
The numbers aren't randomly made up if that's what you are thinking.

I presume a lot of the installs reported are actually counted twice (while they were on XF1, then XF2), and the total count will fluctuate until all known forums are rescanned.
Nope, if a site upgrades to XF2, it's not counted as running XF1.
Even then it will likely be inaccurate since forums will keep upgrading to xf2 between scans.
Right... there will always be a lag time for data. But it's relative for all platforms. The spider isn't going to know the second a site upgrades from XF1 to XF2, but it will know before too long. Right now it can take up to 6 weeks (could be 1 minute, could be 6 weeks, just depends when it was last spidered). If it was spidered just now and 1 minute later it switched to XF2, it would be up to 6 weeks for the full spidering cycle to run/loop. It used to be longer (3-4 months at one point), but made some changes to the spider and increased the bandwidth allotted for it, so it's humming along pretty quickly these days.

Ummagumma

Adherent
Still going to be some time for me while we;
A, wait for releases of add-on upgrades ported to 2.
B, Fund our devs to migrate each add-on we have that is custom built, over to XF2.
I'd like it to be this year (If not leaving XF) but I fear it will more likely be next.
So expensive this upgrading malarkey! :D

Wes of StarArmy

Adherent
Just made the switch to XF2 at the end of March, and it's been great. I finally just had to set a solid date and force myself to get rid of the old add-ons. I mainly miss meta-mirror.

Hentai

Enthusiast
The "Showcase" custom item manager is a core part of my community so I don't think I could transition to 2.0 without it as my community and niche are basically built around this functionality. I could dump every other addon, heck even redevelop my themes, but there is that one feature we just can't do without.

dethfire

Habitué
Hoping XF gives some road map for 2.1 soon. We're just blowing in the wind here. I hate their lack of communication.

NDM

Participant
1 - If it works do not change it.

But above all, it is more of a problem to have to buy the same addons and then new problems, and then more money, and more time.. and I kill myself if I go through the same thing

Freelancer

Aspirant
I can relate to that. After the 3 Years walking a stony path around cliffs of getting the forum to where I want it to be, you really think twice to walk it again...

Cannabis Ape

Aspirant
After messing around with mybb I came quickly to the realization I wanted Xenforo and did so past week and got version 2.0.6. Been working it a lot this week, till a point I can't even sleep properly having code problems going through my mind, ugh.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Well, since I last posted here, I've updated Wario Forums to XenForo 2. And honestly? It's worked out pretty well. Still miss the mood add on, but I found decent ones for a shop system, post ratings, etc, and the mood thing is being built by a developer as we speak.

So yeah, the upgrade went fine.

Matthew S

Adherent
Well, since I last posted here, I've updated Wario Forums to XenForo 2. And honestly? It's worked out pretty well. Still miss the mood add on, but I found decent ones for a shop system, post ratings, etc, and the mood thing is being built by a developer as we speak.

So yeah, the upgrade went fine.
What was the driving factor for upgrading rather than staying on 1.5?

Philpug

Participant
Right now 1.5 is working well for us and not all of our upgrades are 2.0 yet. No reason for us to change...yet.

NDM

Participant
I have calculated approximately how much it costs me to renew my full site, since the developers have made it clear to me that the same custom work (addon) for XF2 is twice as expensive

+$400

hell no!!

droidman

Aspirant
We'll be doing the switch this summer, when we all have time to spare. Pretty much all of the add-ons we need are now available. Well, that is except Moderator Essentials.

Hoping XF gives some road map for 2.1 soon. We're just blowing in the wind here. I hate their lack of communication.

Yes. I don't think they've said anything about any upcoming features yet or where they're going with XF 2.x.

I hope they update with some news soon.