What's happening with MyBB 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Kent

Developer
Tom Kent I can assure you (you may require written form) that no damage is going to be done by me should you provide me with SSH access.

Ah well that settles it, if you write it in a piece of paper nothing can POSSIBLY go wrong.

As of phone number and address - you will be provided these details once MyBB is under real (=paid) dev team.

Ah so you take control first, then you give us details about how to contact you. What happens if you, after taking control, decide NOT to give us those details. I’m sure you can appreciate the predicament that situation would put us in.

Starpaul20

Developer
It's clear to me that macfanpl/devs is a troll who never had any serious ideas. I'm a MyBB team member and I NEVER recall any plans/details/anything being posted by him. I'd take his "plans" about as seriously as a Nigerian prince offering me money.

macfanpl

Enthusiast
What happens if you, after taking control, decide NOT to give us those details.
Thats what is not going to happen. See Tom Kent, we treat peope seriously. If paper like this is signed by any of our team member, it automatically becomes not breakable. If one gets tempted to break it, there are serious meassures in place serving as a bugbear....... fine up to $10m included as well as many many other meassures..

Rest assured we are well secured should something like this happen.....

So there is nothing to worry.....

macfanpl

Enthusiast
Ah well that settles it, if you write it in a piece of paper nothing can POSSIBLY go wrong.
These are 2 different things. One is that I (or literally anyone) can hardly 'secure' you from possibility of something going on.....
Second is that this piece of paper secures you from doing some wrong thing on purpose (take as an example sabotage)......

Noone can have 100% certainty that there will not be random failuler(s)

Lewis H

Neophyte
You are aware you're living in a fantasy land right? You can say all you want, I could say that I have a time machine but that doesn't make it the bloody truth. What legitimate reason would they have to give you SSH access in the first place? It is honestly bizarre. I wouldn't give SSH access to my machines to a stranger on the internet with a weird fixtation on MyBB.

There isn't any way for you to prove that though, as mentioned above you can say anything, doesn't make it the truth. Honestly mate I would just stop going down this path, you're wasting your own time and MyBB staff's time, just move on already and leave things alone. You're essentially talking out of your rear at this point and it should be clear by now, this isn't an argument you can win; they will never hand over the keys to the kingdom, so to speak.

Form your own company or forum software, whatever, just leave MyBB alone.

macfanpl

Enthusiast
This saga (its probably best word to describe this) starts to give out clear signal that MyBB team have sth to hide like well-secured secret they are affraid to unhide.......

macfanpl

Enthusiast
kawaii if im an idiot, than you (MyBB team) consist of bunch of them
I suggest you read this whole saga (from page 1) and open your mind (if you still can do it; if you're not yet brainwashed)

Lewis H

Neophyte
This saga (its probably best word to describe this) starts to give out clear signal that MyBB team have sth to hide like well-secured secret they are affraid to unhide.......

Not wanting to give you access doesn't mean they have anything to hide, it just means they aren't morons.

Tom Kent

Developer
Says Tom Kent, self proclaimed leader of MyBB project.......
Who gave you right to make decisions on behalf of whole team?

I'll tell you what, if you can get a quorum of MyBB team members to contradict my statements here, then I'll step down. I'll be waiting ;)

macfanpl

Enthusiast
Not wanting to give you access doesn't mean they have anything to hide, it just means they aren't morons.
Agree, but in this very context one can get the impression that they have sth to hide..... look::they started 'attacking' me as soon as I asked for SSH access so I can check few things..... it was very civilised discussion prior.....

macfanpl

Enthusiast
I'll tell you what, if you can get a quorum of MyBB team members to contradict my statements here, then I'll step down. I'll be waiting ;)
Is this serious? You know that number 1 value of your team is solidarity so thats not going to happen......

Tom Kent

Developer
Thats what is not going to happen. See Tom Kent, we treat peope seriously. If paper like this is signed by any of our team member, it automatically becomes not breakable. If one gets tempted to break it, there are serious meassures in place serving as a bugbear....... fine up to $10m included as well as many many other meassures..

So there is nothing to worry.....

If they are TEMPTED to break it they get fined $10m? I'd like to see that stand up in court. You can't prosecute someone on your perception of their intentions. Any judge would throw that out the window immediately.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Mod break: We got reports to close this thread but at the moment we are allowing it, TAZ Staff is reading and responding to this topic. Just stay civil to one and other.

Tom Kent

Developer
Agree, but in this very context one can get the impression that they have sth to hide..... look::they started 'attacking' me as soon as I asked for SSH access so I can check few things..... it was very civilised discussion prior.....

You are asking for something any organisation would deny. If I asked you for your address and the keys to your house right now, but promised I wouldn’t break or steal anything, would you give it to me? No.

Is this serious? You know that number 1 value of your team is solidarity so thats not going to happen......

You asked if I spoke for the team and if, as you suggest, I do not, then surely they would contradict me.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
macfanpl its been asked a few times and you answered its been deleted from MyBB forum is the companies name, it would take you a few seconds to type it out. This way the discussion can end soon because there enough people here that can find out lots of information about a company then we would know if that company is legitimate for this.

macfanpl

Enthusiast
macfanpl its been asked a few times and you answered its been deleted from MyBB forum is the companies name, it would take you a few seconds to type it out. This way the discussion can end soon because there enough people here that can find out lots of information about a company then we would know if that company is legitimate for this.
what did you try to communicate as its unreadable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.