Domain Name(s) What tlds do you register alongwith .com .net .org and country specific tlds for your domain names ?

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I used to be like this. I still am in a way. I have 36 active domains. But back in my AAF days, I had more than 100 of them and SOOOO many forums, Pete can attest for that, haha.

Just 2 forums now and that's all I want :D

I’m not going to use any of those domains for forums except maybe Petesforum.com lol. The other ones I’ll probably write some articles and throw them up on the web for a year or two before I try selling them. I have two forums now but they’re very easy to manage considering they’re not busy. Two busy forums can be a lot of work if you don’t have the time.

SaN-DeeP

TechArena.IN
None.

We used to have about 40 domains, but found no benefit to having them, just a cost - so let almost all of them all go over time.

We now have our main domains (.uk & .co.uk) a test domain, and thats it.
Hello Paul M
Keep .com rest all go. or someone above gave a nice idea of keeping only with rhyming domains (which we missed in lot of our main cases).

Unless you have a strong/repeated consumer case. You can let go all for .COM

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
I wouldn’t get rid of all the domains, I like the idea of vanity domains, since not everything is about money.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Hello Paul M
Keep .com rest all go. or someone above gave a nice idea of keeping only with rhyming domains (which we missed in lot of our main cases).

Unless you have a strong/repeated consumer case. You can let go all for .COM

I think regional domains can be quite important and often preferable to a .com. They act as a component part to a site's identity even if the site is known world wide e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/ I believe Paul M's site is primarily aimed at UK cable users so a .uk makes more sense to me than a .com.

Paul M

Dr Pepper Addict
I think regional domains can be quite important and often preferable to a .com. They act as a component part to a site's identity even if the site is known world wide e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/ I believe Paul M's site is primarily aimed at UK cable users so a .uk makes more sense to me than a .com.

You are correct, also, we have never owned the .com version anyway.
We did try and buy it once, many years ago, but they wanted insane money, so we told them where to go.

iAdam

Aspirant
I have about 500 domain names and they are all for sale. Guys when buying domain names especially in these new extensions, you need to find out about the renewal fees, most of the registrars don't show the renewal fees and it could be later a real surprise.

NYCGuy76: btw I have domain hoarder dot com :ROFLMAO: