What other "webmaster" communities do you frequent?

haqzore

Devotee
More and more, I find myself interested in & experimenting with non-forum based scripts.

What are some other strong communities for webmasters, in general, that you frequent?

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Depends what you count as a community, or for webmasters.

Hacker News is pretty good, as are the webdev and bigseo subreddits. The CSS Tricks community is pretty good too, as is Feverbee for more general community management stuff.

Unfortunately, a lot of the ones I used to like kinda fell apart over the years. Sitepoint was good at one point, but it feels like a bit of a wasteland now. Same goes for Webhosting Talk, Webmaster World and a few others like it. Meanwhile most admin/community management specific sites died off, leaving this one as the sole survivor in its field.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
TAZ is the only forum I ever go to anymore and it isn't much. I miss the days when I ran Another Admin Forum but that was back when I had time.

User37935

Neophyte
Likewise, TAZ for me, can't think of any others I'd use. I'm more specifically into forum stuff though than webmaster stuff in general.

R0binHood

Habitué
There’s a buttload of very active Facebook groups. A lot of the WordPress plugin and theme groups are full of webmasters.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
WebMaster World began its spiraling descent more than a decade ago. Run by people who couldn't walk without hitting a wall. WebHostingTalk was fine up until the late 2000s when it began to become a place for egos and prissy attitudes to develop. Hackernews is fairly useful. A lot of tech forums catering to web dried up. It's a brave new world.

Shawn Gossman Ah, good to see you're still alive.