What MyBB Modifications would you like to get created?

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I see posts about people saying MyBB doesn't have enough modifications so I decided to start this thread asking you all what sort of MyBB Modifications would you like to see be created? It may also give mod authors ideas to make these modifications :)

I will go first:

I'd like to see a fully featured link directory mod be created for MyBB with features like:

-Categories and subcategories
-Paid link options (using paypal)
-Sponsored Link options
-Ability to permission where you have to be a member or guest to submit links

I'd love to hear other requests!

Mythotical

Habitué
You mean to say those 2 mods have not been created? Man oh man, I am gonna have a field day building for MyBB.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
If you make me a directory mod like that I will love you forever :D

Lich_king2

Zeusoft's Chief.
Forum icons(something like in PHPBB, and yes i know that payed one already exists for mybb)

Lich_king2

Zeusoft's Chief.
Example: When you create new forum it asks you for the url of the icon(optional) and it makes the icon next to New posts/No new posts icons.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
Example: When you create new forum it asks you for the url of the icon(optional) and it makes the icon next to New posts/No new posts icons.

Are you talking about the little arrow icons in the latest replied to thread in a forum on the Index page that you typically see on a IPB forum?

Lich_king2

Zeusoft's Chief.
Are you talking about the little arrow icons in the latest replied to thread in a forum on the Index page that you typically see on a IPB forum?

No im talking about forum option to add forum icon. Example you have Football forum and you want to add ball icon next to new post/no new post icons. Similar to PHPBB3. Also it would be nice if we could change new posts/no new posts icons on index with different icons for each forum.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
No im talking about forum option to add forum icon. Example you have Football forum and you want to add ball icon next to new post/no new post icons. Similar to PHPBB3. Also it would be nice if we could change new posts/no new posts icons on index with different icons for each forum.

Ahh i get you. Guess you would need a plugin for that. I know you can change those icons via acp/templates but unsure how to do it for each forum and or thread.

Mythotical

Habitué
Ahh i get you. Guess you would need a plugin for that. I know you can change those icons via acp/templates but unsure how to do it for each forum and or thread.

I know how to do it for forums, I will get something released soon. Possibly Monday.

Starnova

Neophyte
Well I am not too demanding lol.. two things I would like to see is

1.easier access to members ..something like IPB where they are displayed and you can move them in a group or single. If you change the format of your forum it;s s bit tricky in mybb

2.What I dream about is a link checker.. :dizzy: it sure would make it nice for those that have a lean staff.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
1. Tabbed menu
2. Paid ( paypal etc ) subscriptions/system - would make many happy.
3. see above/forum icons
4. Sideboxes
5. Thank you type system.

theone759

Habitué
1. Tabbed menu
2. Paid ( paypal etc ) subscriptions/system - would make many happy.
3. see above/forum icons
4. Sideboxes
5. Thank you type system.

Pretty much all of those are released, be free or paid.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User

Pretty much all of those are released, be free or paid.

I have no access and i believe the same could be said for a number of others. Thus i would still like to see someone else do these. :)

And btw what is so wrong with someone doing another one be it free or not? What is so wrong with a little competition? Oh and no not a single one of those are free to my knowledge.

Thank you.

Last edited: