What MyBB Modifications would you like to get created?

theone759

Habitué
I don't know, not active in the mybb community, he was a good help though.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Another Mod...

PMs

When someone sends a PM, there can be a table under their PM showing all their previous PMs (that were saved) to you. This could help with support... matter a fact, it would be a great default feature :)

it unique

Mythotical

Habitué
Another Mod...

PMs

When someone sends a PM, there can be a table under their PM showing all their previous PMs (that were saved) to you. This could help with support... matter a fact, it would be a great default feature :)

it unique
Good suggestion but the downfall is the number of pm's stored in the database would also cause a weigh down on the performance of the site.

On another note: I managed to start forum icons plugin, ran into a problem which I am trying to resolve before I can fully test its functionality and then release. After the release of forum icons plugin, I will move forward with my portal system which I have codenamed ThunderClap.

Joshuad

Developer
Not to bump old threads or anything, but there STILL isn't anything freely available for paid subscriptions. It's kinda depressing.

pavemen

Adherent
Not to bump old threads or anything, but there STILL isn't anything freely available for paid subscriptions. It's kinda depressing.
funny how you expect your users to pay for a subscription/feature on your site, but wont fork over the $5 for a good plugin to let you charge your users. and it comes with full support on his site (in fact you get access to all of his plugins for life, for that $5).

Joshuad

Developer
I don't recall a link of that mod posted in this thread, and I haven't seen one to buy thus far. You act like I'm cheap, I'm not cheap, but it's NOT freely available. As in, it's not one click of a button I've found it like the majority of addons are.

pavemen

Adherent
I don't recall a link of that mod posted in this thread, and I haven't seen one to buy thus far. You act like I'm cheap, I'm not cheap, but it's NOT freely available. As in, it's not one click of a button I've found it like the majority of addons are.
sorry, having a bad day concerning this site and some members attitudes regarding expecting free software.

regarding the mod you want, there is not a free one out there that i am aware of, at least not one good enough to overshadow labrocca's and be known enough to inform you about.

once you subscribe to labrocca's site, accessing the plugin is no different than any other plugin, even those downloaded from MyBB mods site. Click to get to file, download, extract, upload, activate/install, configure.

Joshuad

Developer
I was referring to a link to his mod :p I'm a developer myself and don't mind outsourcing software to save me some time and stress. Meaning I don't mind paying as long as it is within my means (which is why I'm currently using open source forum software on my all of my sites).

Andrew B.

Fan
I'd like:

1. To be able to mark all forums read from any page that displays threads or messages.

2. To be able to eliminate the thread rating system from the interface.

Joshuad

Developer
I'd like:

1. To be able to mark all forums read from any page that displays threads or messages.

2. To be able to eliminate the thread rating system from the interface.
As far as the 2nd one, that can be taken care of by editing a few templates. Real quick and easy. I would agree that it should be a configuration option, but alas. If you need help making that quick fix I can point to you where the rating system is located.

hari

Tazmanian
I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for a combined portal/article/blog system. In fact, my forum badly needs one since I haven't any active members and need some features to draw people in.

I want my forum to be more of a content site and I guess I am looking for a quick solution to this one.

I don't wish to pay for vB or IPB merely for this. As I said before, I am not averse to paying for this feature alone. However, the content MUST integrate with the forum and not require a separate login or a separate commenting system. Comments/articles should be integrated with posts/threads.

hari

Tazmanian
Something like that yes but without having to install a stand alone blog system.

I've always been interested in content managers, but I don't want to integrate a full-fledged CMS with a forum system. I simply want this feature as an add-on which is fully integrated.

Joshuad

Developer
That sounds a lot like what I'm using my portal for. Proportal and page manager have been doing the trick for me. Not as good as id like it, but its working till I have the time for something else.

Andrew B.

Fan
As far as the 2nd one, that can be taken care of by editing a few templates. Real quick and easy. I would agree that it should be a configuration option, but alas. If you need help making that quick fix I can point to you where the rating system is located.
Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

T3chn0

Fan
Paid subscriptions mod. @ http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1613.html [must be a paid subscriber]

In regards to the CMS thing, here are a couple of blog and CMS-like solutions.

Free: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/myblogs
There was also another one that I saw but unfortunately I can't find the link to it...it was in an early beta if I'm not mistaken though so probably not for production use.

Not free: http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-10.html
http://community.mybb.com/thread-66419.html

Hope that helps.

Joshuad

Developer
That helps a lot, thanks.

Andrew, what you want to do is go into your default template, and go to showthread_ratethread and forumdisplay_thread_rating and simply comment out both templates (surround both between <!-- and -->).

Oh, and MyBBCentral is $10 now. I'll have a subscriptions within the next 3-5 days...gotta wait on a slow paypal transaction.

Last edited:

Andrew B.

Fan
Thank you Joshuad for the template advice.

Now for the topic here: I think another good mod would be a plugin that integrates Ajax Chat into MyBB. At the least it would plug in the popup screen script, add the link at to the chat room that also shows the number of people in chat, and at the bottom near "who's online" it would list who is in chat. I saw all this in a SMF/Ajax chat integration.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for a combined portal/article/blog system. In fact, my forum badly needs one since I haven't any active members and need some features to draw people in.

I want my forum to be more of a content site and I guess I am looking for a quick solution to this one.

I don't wish to pay for vB or IPB merely for this. As I said before, I am not averse to paying for this feature alone. However, the content MUST integrate with the forum and not require a separate login or a separate commenting system. Comments/articles should be integrated with posts/threads.
Check this out..Unsure if this is exactly what you want and or need?

Has blogs, download system, gallery, etc.
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31

He as well has something else for the portal. Have to look for that.