What matters and what doesn't for Google ranking

sikander

Aspirant
keywords in images or bold images are helpful in improving the rank of a site .

Thanks for this information . I will try this on my site .

academysigma

Neophyte
Titles are important on-page SEO considerations. Of course, they must be relevant to the content on your site, not too long or spammy, but include keywords towards the beginning of the title.

acer08

Aspirant
I am new here and as well as new for SEO, looking for more information about SEO and through this post i got a lot help. so thanks David.

milina788

Aspirant
There are so many factors which matters a lot for Google ranking and some of them are mentioned below:
 Title tag should be optimized according to the search engine standards and keywords should have high traffic and low competition.
 Keywords in heading tags have great effect on ranking of in search engines.
 Domain name which are having targeted keywords will also affects the ranking in search engine.
 Content of the website have much more effect on ranking in search engine because in these days content is king for search engine.
 Number of inbound links is also having high impact on the ranking of the search engine.

Ramses

Adherent
I think nowadays most impact in ranking has the user behavior. Time on site, page views and recurring visitors.

cheapez

Enthusiast
Nice tips, but are these tips still work as in 2013? :)
I'm going to pick up a few things from this topic, and use them on my website.
They might add up.

Jack_Rouse

Use The Force
Minstrel thank you for sharing taking google ranking information. This information are very helpful to newly seo learner.
As the OP was written in 2007, and the rules of SEO changed with Panda, and then again with Penguin, most of what has been written in this thread is of no use today in 2013.

The key things now are relevance, and content.

SportsBomb

Adherent
There are some good youtube videos from Google about what matters and what doesn't. They pay a lot less attention to backlinks than they once did and they ignore keyword saturation and tags. Original content is by far the greatest single factor in google's ranking algorithm.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]421aTJI2Nxc[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: