What matters and what doesn't for Google ranking

vlauria

Adherent
That study seemed to return some very valuable SEO information. I strongly agree with all but 1 point, about keywords in the URL didn't seem to have an affect on ranking. It's been my findings that using static urls and using appropriate keywords found within the page on the URL does help your ranking among competition for the same keyword.

stephencauldry

Neophyte
Keywords are key

Keywords, whether embedded on the meta tag, content, or URL itself, matter to any search engine. It just so happens that they have a preference as to how they want to choose keywords, like how MSN prefers to crawl keywords in URLS, etc.

jayman

Aspirant
Thanks for the information! I have been trying to get my site ranked testing out some things and talking to some buddy and these things seem to hold true.

ellehc

Aspirant
This thread contain some really nice info I learn a lot from this thread. Thanks!

MattanJames

Neophyte
When i start SEO of my website i read many articles and blog post about on page SEO, and many of them give 70% wattage of on page to title and H1 tags. The last point no doubt is most important one , having high quality back links and Google must crawl your site and give good position to it.

motreano

Neophyte
what a bout using Divs or tables?
using javascript in site is good or bad?
what is the prefer size of the page ?
what about using falsh banar or flash site?

famade

Neophyte
You are right I also find that effect of h2 and h6 keywords vary most than the h1 keyword.I used &imp=100 for keyword ranking but not a good result I found so if any other tips on keyword ranking then share with me.Thanks

soccerbox

Aspirant
Titel tags are arguably the most important on page seo aspect. Think of a title tag like a label on a tin - that is exactly how Google bot uses them - to help see whats inside and whether it is relevant.

pumpkinzu

Neophyte
Awesome post and thanks for the info with H1 Tags! :D and I also don't believe keywords are that important in ranking

Jommy

Neophyte
Thank you but for the inbound links I think it is more about quality links than the quantity and the fact they are from very different authorities