What makes it Premium Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0binHood

Habitué
I have a 4 letter .co.uk domain for one of my sites and it's great for marketing purposes. Short, sweet, easy to remember.

The only problem is I often get emails indended for a large organisation with the same letters on the .org extention.

LloydM

Adherent
I don't care if you guys criticize me, as long as its in PM not in the sales thread. If you're not interested just don't comment. Simple.

Anton Chigurh

Ultimate Badass
I don't care if you guys criticize me, as long as its in PM not in the sales thread. If you're not interested just don't comment. Simple.
Orrrr you could look at it on a more practical way - posts keep your thread at the top, therefore helping your cause.

Using such a subjective term as "premium domains" is going to invite questions, jokes, and a little bit of cajoling. I doubt ANYBODY had any intent of stopping you from selling OR intended in any way to interfere with it. We were having FUN.

"Premimum domains" is kind of a silly, spammy term to use in a forum filled with a bunch of jaded webmasters.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
i have gunring.com i thought i would sell it and be rich by now

on another note years ago i did own lifeundefined.com and was contacted and paid handsomely for it

i let fixfab.com expire but this was another domain i was sure would be a hit ... nope

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Sorry but it’s everyones responsibility to step in when someone is selling snake oil

i would want someone to keep me from wasting my money

nothing personal at all

if someone tried to sell a ”premium” vbulletin license for some crazy amount taz would shut that down too,

why should they stand back and let the general membership be taken advantage of? so people like you can exploit others?

if your domains are so good why you selling them?

Last edited:

we_are_borg

Administrator
What people forget with premium domains if you cant get sold in the first year there not much worth.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
What people forget with premium domains if you cant get sold in the first year there not much worth.
I joined the go daddy auction house and they keep charging me $4.99 and i cant find a way to cancel it but anyway i paid for “sponsored” listing of my domains trying to sell them and got jack for them, the domains contained in the original thread here look like someone fell asleep on go daddy with their mouse on the buy button. if i cant sell legit good names when i pay to try to sell them on the worlds largest domain registers site i really highly doubt a random person on a forum is going to invest in some silly domain that don't mean anything to anyone

Steve

Fanatic
Nobody ridiculed the guy. People were having fun with the Billy Mays-style presentation.
Well it sure wasn't a meaningful discussion and not how we want Classified threads to be.
Now there ya go, a mature, reasonable, objective answer without all the "let him sell his stuff" mucilage.
Not seeing a difference in what I had posted in that thread to that? But if you want to pick it apart have at it.

Edit, for context this is what I had written:
Everyone else just let the guy try and sell his domains, maybe someone will find them useful.

Anton Chigurh

Ultimate Badass
Not seeing a difference in what I had posted in that thread to that?
Actually wasn't even referring to any of your posts. But it's the same gist, nobody was in any way inhibiting the guy from trying to sell the domains orrrr from actually selling them.
Well it sure wasn't a meaningful discussion and not how we want Classified threads to be.
What you get is just dead or orphaned threads. Comments, questions and some ribbing don't in any way alter the 1st post of the thread, where the items are posted for sale. Comments, questions and some ribbing DO bump the thread and keep it on top, keep it relevant. There was interest there and lots of EYES. Now it's dead, no posts since 10-ish AM my time. (It's 7:42PM here now. That's 9 hours of death for his sale thread.)

The OP got people posting with his sales pitch thread title. None of the banter hurt his ability to sell his items. And nobody was trying to hurt his ability to sell his items. It was harmless, jocular banter. It was TRAFFIC.

Steve

Fanatic
It's 7:42PM here now. That's 9 hours of death for his sale thread
That's still at the top of the thread list. It isn't like we have hundreds of classified threads. I'd appreciate if you would respect our views on the classifieds section and keep it on track with interest in purchasing and selling. I commend you on trying to justify the situation but that thread was heading in the wrong direction simply because all who replied had zero intentions of purchasing anything. If it's of no interest (again) move along.

This thread also is serving no purpose other than showing a difference in opinions, which have been stated and now seem to be running full circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.