Domain Name(s) What is your preferred domain name+tld?

Please vote...

• board.us (available for purchase)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • board.com.us (available for purchase)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just stick with usboard.org

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Dan18

Fan
Currently I'm using usboard.org (just an example) for 10 years now.
DOT com isn't an option as it's for sale as premium domain for $65k.

Oh!

Enthusiast
Currently I'm using usboard.org (just an example) for 10 years now.
DOT com isn't an option as it's for sale as premium domain for $65k.
With the information provided, I cannot reasonably answer your question. Instead, I'll put the following these three questions to you:
  1. Why do you wish to change domain name?
  2. Is your website an 'organization' of some kind, or is it more commercial in nature?
  3. If you are already considering a domain change, why not consider a completely new domain rather than just a change to the TLD?

Dan18

Fan
  1. Why do you wish to change domain name?
To make it shorter and easy to remember.

1. Is your website an 'organization' of some kind, or is it more commercial in nature?
Just my own.

1. If you are already considering a domain change, why not consider a completely new domain rather than just a change to the TLD?
I would like to retain my primary name/keyword.

Oh!

Enthusiast
I dunno. Still not really enough to go to hazard a meaningful opinion. What about the .NET? It can straddle a lot things. If available, how good a fit would that TLD for your website? I think, in general, .NET is stronger than a .US or .COM.US.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
SEO is not high on my priority list so setting that to one side for a moment I'm not convinced that a change of domain for an established forum is likely to be of any real benefit.

I visit quite a number of forums on a daily basis but I doubt I could easily find them by keying in the URL. If I find a forum I want to revisit I'll bookmark it and it will forever be known to me by the bookmarked name, not the URL. I suspect that's the case for the majority of users.

The only good reasons that I can think of for a domain name change is a rebrand or if SEO really is a major factor.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Yesterday i bought a 5 letter domain tld = ltd. Also bought 5 letter with ltd at the end of 5 letter and we have .org, .com, .info, and .net. SEO is what you make of the site users should not suffer because of SEO. Now i need to develop the site.