What is your day job?

Danielx64

Developer
Well I have two jobs, I work in a factory and the other is tech support for a not for profit. At night I program in PHP :)

Reactions: Sim

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Technically I retired last year but in reality nothing much has changed except I seem to have less hours in the day to do what I want. I was and still am a professional musician, programmer and forum/website owner i.e. Jack of all trades, master of none :D

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Oh, I forget, my second job is annoying The Sandman as much as is humanly possible.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Software Engineer part time until I finish my University degree in May, then full time Software Engineering.

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
Day Job: Lead Engineer (php/mysql/jquery developer) at an Affiliate Marketing company.
Night Job: Developing php software, most commonly XenForo add-ons. Also working towards learning to make android and ios apps.

Taylor

Sexier Than You
I teach the art of rhetoric! There's been a debate about the nature of rhetoric since 500 BC: is it an art, like law or medicine, or is it something different? The study of law doesn't make you a better physician; the study of medicine doesn't make you a better attorney; but the art of rhetoric can elevate your effectiveness as a physician, attorney, or any career you pursue. Public communication has spurred invention, prevented wars, and created shifts in the collective conscience of entire countries. As William Jennings Bryan said, "As long as there are human rights to be defended; as long as there are great interests to be guarded; as long as the welfare of nations is a matter for discussion, so long will public speaking have its place."

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I teach the art of rhetoric! There's been a debate about the nature of rhetoric since 500 BC: is it an art, like law or medicine, or is it something different? The study of law doesn't make you a better physician; the study of medicine doesn't make you a better attorney; but the art of rhetoric can elevate your effectiveness as a physician, attorney, or any career you pursue. Public communication has spurred invention, prevented wars, and created shifts in the collective conscience of entire countries. As William Jennings Bryan said, "As long as there are human rights to be defended; as long as there are great interests to be guarded; as long as the welfare of nations is a matter for discussion, so long will public speaking have its place."
The Art of Rhetoric by Aristotle is a great read.