What is "off page" SEO?

Clickfinity

I can has cheezburger?
I've seen it mentioned a few times and I don't understand what it is.

To my mind, SEO (search engine optimisation) is all on page; it's about site titles, descriptions, page content and keyword density - optimising each so that it best relates to the information on your site and/or pages.

So what is off-page SEO?

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
tactics that do not involved any direct manipulation of your website’s files. It refers to things that happen away from your website that have a direct influence on how your site behaves in search engines

Link building, for example, is offsite SEO. Press releases, getting newspaper / magazine articles written about your site, Facebook pages are off site SEO.

Clickfinity

I can has cheezburger?
Link building, for example, is offsite SEO. Press releases, getting newspaper / magazine articles written about your site, Facebook pages are off site SEO.

Hmmm ... okay, well I would have thought of those kind of things are marketing and advertising - but if that's what people are generally referring to that's fair enough. Thanks for explaining. :tup:

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
Well, all of SEO could be considered marketing really...

Clickfinity

I can has cheezburger?
Well, all of SEO could be considered marketing really...

That's not how I've always considered the term. Search engine optimisation, to me, is all about how your site appears in search engine results and about increasing its relevance to your desired audience for selected key words and phrases; getting more eyes on your search engine listings, over and above your competition.

Over the years I think the term SEO has been used to represent all manner of promotional related things to the point where it is now used as a catch-all for anything related to getting traffic to your site - including, and encompassing advertising and marketing.

I've just wondered if off page was something outside of the usual catch-all use of the phrase SEO. :tup:

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
That's kinda what Marketing is - getting more eyes on your product. Search engines are just one part of marketing.. Yelp listing for example could be another.

Alpha1

Administrator
Not to be confused by Off-Screen SEO. (including invisible content)

Julie Encabo

Participant
Off-page SEO is basically any search engine optimization practices that take place away from your website. This includes link building, social media marketing, and more.

WikiUniversal

Neophyte
Basically, off page SEO means building backlinks to your blog.
There are two types of Backlinks: -
1. Nofollow Backlinks
2. Dofollow Backlinks

Nofollow Backlinks: - This backlink is not going to help you in rank well in Google. You can only generate some traffic from this backlinks.

Dofollow Backlinks: - Dofollow Backlinks really help you to rank well in Google search result. You need to create Dofollow backlinks to your blog if you want to rank well in Google.

Ways to Build Backlinks: -
1. Find out some do follow forum and answers people question. And in your answer, you can place your website link.
2. Article Submission sites
3. Guest Posting.

Ravina

Neophyte
I've seen it mentioned a few times and I don't understand what it is.

To my mind, SEO (search engine optimisation) is all on page; it's about site titles, descriptions, page content and keyword density - optimising each so that it best relates to the information on your site and/or pages.

So what is off-page SEO?
Off-page SEO are the strategies to improve the ranking of the website in search engine result pages. Many people associate off-page SEO with link building, it goes beyond that.

martin smith

Enthusiast
Off-page SEO improves your website ranking in search engine result pages. Off-page SEO helps in gaining backlinks to your website.

johnmart

Aspirant
Off-Page SEO refers to a technique that can be used to improve the position of a website in search engines. Off-Page SEO means build external high-quality links fro website to grow your website ranking position by content marketing, social media or link building methods. So building backlinks are the heart of off-page SEO. There are some top activity of off-page SEO as-
- Guest Posting
- Social Media Engagement
- Web 2.0 Submission
- Forum Submission
- Article Submission
- Question and Answer
- Video Submission
- Image Submission
- Content Marketing

GrrasSolutions

Aspirant
Off-page is the process to create backlinks for your website, blogs etc.…! Social bookmarking, blog posting and promotion, Article submission and promotion, Directory submission etc.… are the platforms which provide the option to create backlinks. Off-page process helps to improve your keywords ranking on search engine.