What forum software do DaniWeb use?

cscgal

Adherent
I tried a few months ago to start an AMA and couldn’t even muster a single response from anyone.

We also have a premium sponsorship model but I’m having a hard time getting traction for that as well:

R0binHood

Habitué
we now hold the patent for matching users online based on chat/forum behavior
Sounds like something that could be useful to law enforcement, for example tracking predators in chat apps to try and match them to other aliases where they may have posted publicly on the internet.

cscgal

Adherent
No, that's not really the kind of matching we do. We are a user recommendation engine, so we match members with each other for the purposes of chat based on the likelihood they will make a good connection. Think more of matching users in a dating app, or a classifieds platform, etc.

cscgal

Adherent
It started as a way of getting premium subscriptions. Forum subscribers would have their questions matched with 5 likely answerers who would be alerted to help. Then we built it into our business networking tool to match mentors with mentees, and that sort of thing.

You can check it out here and tell me what you think: https://www.daniweb.com/connect/matches

overcast

Adherent
I tried a few months ago to start an AMA and couldn’t even muster a single response from anyone.
Lot of folks are now active on hashnode and dev.to. And you may find some of the developer influencers there. You can approach them hopefully that should get traction.

cscgal

Adherent
Thanks so much for pointing me towards those sites.

I redid the homepage to try to do a better job explaining how our user matching works.