What forum software did you start with?

Which forum software did you first use?

• Total voters

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
I started with vB2.X, but I was involved with vB1.0. It is what opened my eyes up to PHP and MySql.

Scott

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
A really ancient script that had no name or I've forgotten. It was converted to vB. It was half UBB and half SMF, minus a decade of development.

A

AWS

Started with Matt Wrights wwwboard then UltraBoard > UBB > wwwthreads > vbulletin.

jessewillem

Developer
Started with phpBB and InvisionFree until discovering other software like MyBB. I'm now working on a custom solution for my sites.

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
Started with a 300 baud Modem + a XMODEM-based BBS. :)
You could only connect to my BBS a few hours a week, after school, before bedtime.
And you got disconnected when my sister picked up the phone.

GET OFF THE PHONE !!!

Lee R

Participant
I started with openBB probably around 2001 - 2002 and then moved to IPB at version 1.0.

Now I don't currently have a forum running, but if I did it would be IPB again right now. I would love to use xenForo, but with the impending lawsuit it just doesn't make sense.

Wow, it seems weird that I was so hesitant to use xenforo! I can't imagine using anything else now.

Weird.

rhens

Adherent
started out using vB2.x, then 3.x. my first forum software as a forum owner was phpbb3...it was horrible. switched to vB4, now have a vB5

Nudaii

Adherent
phpbb on a free host first i installed myself was vb 3.6 that site stayed on 3x series till it reached bigboard.. and was dissolved due to partners losing interest !

yavuz

Aspirant
Funny, when I look back I started with a hosted phpBB solution just out of curiosity. Then went to SMF and later - for a long time - to vBulletin. After the drama surrounding the epic fail of vb4 we decided to go with XenForo which I still use to the time.

Lee R

Participant
All bulletin boards looked pretty much the same in that time period really.

People used to say that about things such as myBB (probably still do!) amongst others.

Only so many ways to traditionally show the same information.