What does PR -1 mean?

smaharjan2

Neophyte
I know about PR0 but I am really confused in PR -1. What is this PageRank -1 means? Waiting for help here.

Thanks.

AlexLD

Aspirant
I don't believe there is such a rating, I'd do a PR check on a few websites to verify and make sure one isn't just saying that.

~ Alex

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
Some third party PageRank checkers or directory scripts will show this when the PageRank is unavailable for some reason, most often because Google discourages automatic PR scripts.

smaharjan2

Neophyte
Yes minstrel, I faced it while managing my directory. So, is it good or bad?

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
It's neither good nor bad. It just is. It means, as I said, that Google didn't return the information.

What script are you using?

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
OK... phpLD. I think that's a known issue and probably one without remedy, although you could check at their support forums.

It happens with eSyndicat too - see the TAZ Directory and scroll down the left hand side to the list of PR ranks represented - there are 268 with PR -1 there. :)

It's really nothing to worry about.

smaharjan2

Neophyte
Oh yes. Thanks minstrel, for your clarification and others who helped me in this topic.

Daniel0

Adherent
Live PR rankings are only available internally at Google. The rank public rank is occasionally updated. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I would imagine that it could perhaps result in -1 if the site is too new to have a public rank yet.

ericstan

Neophyte
This is insanse ! this is the first time I am ever hearing something like this !
Pr usually range from 0-10 !

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
See above. It's nothing new and it's related to software betond Google's control.

reganstar

Participant
10 Links from Pagerank -1 sites equals 1 Link from a PR0 page, I think or maybe your site can be rated yet.

janicejan

Aspirant
I used seoquake to view page ranking of websites and after visiting a lot of websites, I haven't encountered this one before..

dmvictoria

Participant
Blackhat will get you a negative standing with Google, but won't show up as a negative pagerank. :p

muqtada123

Neophyte
This must be a short for Supplemental page

Adding: because there is no such term "Negative Ranking" in eye of Google

Last edited by a moderator: