What browser?

Taylor J

Fan
I thought there was going to be an actual reason to not have Firefox installed and that the video previously posted would say why. It's a video of a guy angry that Mozilla called the insurrection of the US Capital what it was, an insurrection...

DigNap15

Fan
I've always used Firefox
But some websites do not work well on it.
And I find that its printing web pages is very bad ( I can never print jsut what I want)

Anything but Chrome (do only evil)
Firefox has great improved its printing Options
I can now print any page I want from a forum thread!

ThornInYourSide

Participant
85 posts and not a single mention of the only real browser in existence. The ONLY one that has survived since the early days of the web, the direct descendant of the winner of the early browser wars.

Why have so many abandoned the clear winner?

southernlady

Devotee
I’ve used Firefox on my laptop since I first discovered it as it first rolled out In 2004.
My laptop is a Windows, so the replacement to Internet Explorer as a handful of web sites don’t function with Firefox.
I use Safari on my iPad and iPhone.
I have Chrome but seldom use it.

ThornInYourSide

Participant
Reading the VBB hate thread, I see some minor parallels. At one time it was the dominant forum package across the web. Changes were made and it fell from grace. Somebody said it looks like only a few people are still working on it. I don't know if I've ever seen a version 5 site and I'm not sure I'd recognize it as a user only. But for whatever reason, the top dog is now an also ran.

Netscape Navigator, later MozillaSuite was the top dog. Then somebody got greedy and neutered it as far as development staff went. As SeaMonkey, it's now supported by a handful of volunteers who are trying to bandaid it as best they can to keep it running..

I'm ticked off about that. I'm sure people are ticked off about VBB's fall.

I'm not sure who to blame in either case except maybe Mean Dollar Green.