What browser?

overcast

Adherent
Sells less data than Google does, and isn't backed by a multinational corporation that likely wants to spy on your every move.
Less data or more data isn't the question. With firefox focus data sales they lost the credibility of not selling your data claim. And non profit that isn't backed by multunational corps but sales your data to data harvest companies, sounds equally shady like google to me.

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
Less data or more data isn't the question. With firefox focus data sales they lost the credibility of not selling your data claim. And non profit that isn't backed by multunational corps but sales your data to data harvest companies, sounds equally shady like google to me.
Mozilla has a better privacy record, although they may not be perfect, I am not informed on Firefox Focus.

Oedipus

Participant
Chrome because I got used to it. I tried using another one but I just can't make a change.

Hostboard

Aspirant
Switch exclusively to the Chromium based Edge both at work and home. So far no issues...

MerilynBradley

Neophyte
Only Google Chrome. Because others load for a very long time, and everything else works poorly.

kik0lasi

Aspirant
Chrome for normal usage, for developing I use Chrome, Firefox and Safari

Taylor J

Fan
Moved from Chrome to Brave about a year ago then a month after that to Firefox. Been using Firefox ever since and on my new macbook pro I've been sticking to the Firefox Dev Edition

Jason5

Adherent
Sticking with Firefox for long time, Chrome is installed but Firefox is the primary browser for me.

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
Vivaldi and Opera are Chromium so there's ways of using Chrome extensions. They both have nice stuff for "power users."

I use Opera with Maxthon as backup. There's a small vocal minority of people that hate both of those for ties to China, but they're racist.

Maxthon is cool though feature wise if you want something other than Firefox or Chromium based. Not many extensions though.
There are plenty of reasons to be concerned with ties to China and other non-Democratic governments that have nothing to do with race.

Taylor J

Fan
To go off of the point @mrsiteguy made above one of the reasons being that any major company in China has to give the information they collect to their government.

It's why people went off on not wanting to use the Epic Games Launcher and became upset when games would exclusively put there games on there rather them steam.

BGObsession

Enthusiast
I've been an Opera user for years and I'm so familiar with it I would have a hard time changing over at this point. I did look at Brave awhile back because of it's speed claims, but it seemed so intrusive during the download that I opted out of it.

DigNap15

Adherent
I have been with Firefox since soon after they started.
They are very fast now.
I despise Google for their business practices. (they used to do no evil)
I do wish Firefox would make printing forum pages better

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
Check firefox focus data sale saga on google.
Are you talking about this? According to an update to this article, telemetry is anonymized before being sent and it doesn't track the browsing history. I am unsure of what telemetry this might be.
There are plenty of reasons to be concerned with ties to China and other non-Democratic governments that have nothing to do with race.
Oddly, when I looked into Opera, it said they were based in Norway. Am I missing something?