What are the polices for selling Invision licenses? How about the marketplace add-ons?

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Are there any restrictions to selling Invision licenses other than the transfer fee? Are add-ons purchased through the marketplace able to be sold?

What's the going rate these days for the full Invision suite on the secondary market?

Thanks

Joel R

Fan
Are add-ons purchased through the marketplace able to be sold?
The official answer is that you would need to check with the author for terms of each add-on.

The general and real answer is probably not. They're usually for the purchasing owner on one community, unless otherwise stated.

IPSLindy

Developer
Hi Kevin --

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, second-hand sales of licenses are not recognized and licenses are nontransferable. We tried for several years to provide a system that kept all parties safe, however, the vast majority of third party license sales/transfers ended up with one party on the losing end (usually the buyer.)

Feel free to contact the sales team if you are interested in purchasing a license. Mention TAZ and I'm sure we can help you out with a new customer discount. If you are looking to sell a license, I'm afraid I cannot help you there, but please reach out to us if there's something we can do from a customer service standpoint!

Thank you.

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Unfortunately, second-hand sales of licenses are not recognized and licenses are nontransferable.
Did this change recently? I would've sworn there was a "transfer" button in the client area and in the support forums others reference it as well. šŸ¤”

Noble

Participant
Hi Kevin --

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, second-hand sales of licenses are not recognized and licenses are nontransferable. We tried for several years to provide a system that kept all parties safe, however, the vast majority of third party license sales/transfers ended up with one party on the losing end (usually the buyer.)

Feel free to contact the sales team if you are interested in purchasing a license. Mention TAZ and I'm sure we can help you out with a new customer discount. If you are looking to sell a license, I'm afraid I cannot help you there, but please reach out to us if there's something we can do from a customer service standpoint!

Thank you.
Strange I have 5 licenses and only a new customer a year ago, I was not offered any sort of discount.:confused:

IPSLindy

Developer
Did this change recently? I would've sworn there was a "transfer" button in the client area and in the support forums others reference it as well. šŸ¤”
Yes, there used to be a transfer button until, I believe, later last year. Licenses were originally never transferable, but there was a period where we tried to provide a mechanism for people to safely transfer licenses. Unfortunately, the vast majority of transfers ended with one party being defrauded (often us, as well.) The most common scenario was a seller transferring to the buyer, then filing a chargeback against recent renewal fees and even the transfer fee itself. Naturally, that nullifies the license transfer (and the license itself), leading to a lot of understandable frustration on the part of the buyer. Another scenario was the buyer filing a dispute on the payment they made to the seller. The seller then contacted us demanding the license back. Of course, we can't verify who is supposed to have what and we ended up spending more time being arbitrators than serving customers. Folks also try to sell their whole account, but then write in stating their account was hijacked, they have "original proof of payment", etc. etc. It was just a gigantic hassle with few winners, so we went back to licenses being non-transferable. Providing access to an account has always been and remains a violation of the EULA.

Strange I have 5 licenses and only a new customer a year ago, I was not offered any sort of discount.:confused:
Anyone switching from another platform or otherwise becoming a new customer is welcome to use the coupon code SWITCH, which is still currently active.

Noble

Participant
Its unfortunate that a few ruin it for the rest but i agree with you IPSLindy more people are scammed than a winner.

Jason5

Adherent
Glad i found this topic (thanks Noble) before purchasing an IPB license from the buyer.