Resource icon

vBulletin Welcome Threads 1.0

No permission to download

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Welcome Threads - Auto-post a welcome thread for all new users , and/or returning users.

Overview:

This product is designed to auto-post a welcome thread for all new users once they have completed all verifications, and/or returning members (who have been inactive for a defined number of days). The author of the thread can be one or more users chosen at random which you define in the product's settings. The body of the messages are also defined in the settings, with designated replacements for the username of the recipient, your forum bbtitle, and the...
Read more about this resource...

dknelson

Neophyte
I like this but it seems to post a "Welcome" message even before their membership is approved and before they even confirm their email. I am getting a lot of spammers and have had to turn off my welcome thread. As soon as a potential member submits their registrations, they get the welcome message. Any way it can be changed so that the message is not created until they are approved or until they have confirmed their email if moderation is not required?

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
I like this but it seems to post a "Welcome" message even before their membership is approved and before they even confirm their email. I am getting a lot of spammers and have had to turn off my welcome thread. As soon as a potential member submits their registrations, they get the welcome message. Any way it can be changed so that the message is not created until they are approved or until they have confirmed their email if moderation is not required?
It is hooked at "register_addmember_complete" and is only posted if the new user is in the "Registered" usergroup, which should only occur once email is verified, etc. :)

dknelson

Neophyte
I don't know why but it doesn't SEEM to be working right for me. I have had to turn on "moderate new members": due to the amount of spam registrations I am getting. I enable this mod and then logged out and created a new test registration. Even though the new test member shows up in the moderation queue in my control panel, the welcome message was created immediately.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
If email verification has been satisfied, and the new user put into usergroup 2 (Registered User) , then they will get the welcome message. It's not designed to work with moderated users. Sorry. :(