We Love the Eighties

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
As of today this is my homepage. I created it using Invision's built in pages function. Very easy to do. Not much on the homepage considering it's still new so not much content to post. I posted somewhere on the forum about how I'm really digging Invision. For now I'm using their cloud service and to tell you the truth I don't see a reason to move unless my forum takes off. Unlike vbulletin, Invision allows you to install add ons on their cloud service as long as they have been approved. So if you see the add on in the marketplace from your admin panel you can install and there's a lot of add ons.

Web capture_12-12-2020_134035_www.welovetheeighties.com.jpeg

DanielF

Participant
Could you please share your first pages app impressions?
How tricky was it to create such a page?
We're hearing way too often that pages application is way too complicated and only something for pro users ( which is probably true once you digg into the database feature and start customising the output to create sexy linklist or bug tracker databases)

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
Could you please share your first pages app impressions?
How tricky was it to create such a page?
We're hearing way too often that pages application is way too complicated and only something for pro users ( which is probably true once you digg into the database feature and start customising the output to create sexy linklist or bug tracker databases)
Well the two sections right below the welcome guest message are add ons. Threadstarter movies and Artist feed. They have their own built in custom blocks which require only altering the settings of each. Right below is a custom html block which again is an add on called super block pages and is extremely to set up too. I followed the tutorial on Invision on how to create a homepage from the built in pages function provided by the them. Believe me it's real easy.