Want to test drive Invision Community 4.5?

D

Deleted member 3691

While we put the finishing touches to a few features, we have set up a preview site so you can test out the new features, leave your feedback and make a note of any bugs you spot.

Head over now to the Invision Community Alpha test site.

Please be aware that this test site is running in 'development mode' so it is automatically updated with the latest fixes throughout the day. This means it has to work extra hard on each click as there are no caches, pre-built languages or templates to use, so it will be a lot slower than a production version. So please don't worry about it being a touch slow, and definitely don't try and run Page Speed analysis tools on the alpha site!

Let me know what you think!

Doug Heffernan

Enthusiast
Well, ****...

Perhaps i need to move from XF asap.

But this migration price is off my wallet.

Just following, and liking...

Congratulations for the job well done. Hope to see more in the future.

You can do the conversion yourself. It is very easy to conver to Ipb.

deslocotoco

Enthusiast
That's a bold claim to make on anything without actually knowing what's planned.

Precisely.

We are all hoping for a big update, like a wishful thinking, but without any feedback, roadmap or any kind of new features or updates on future plans from XF.

Unfortunately this create some kind of bad energy for the costumers, like unwanted loss of confidence in any company.

And this lack of feedback can be applied to any kind of business, even with gaming development.

haqzore

Devotee
Not to derail, but I've said it before.

I love XF and would be super excited if they started cranking out more functionality like IPS does instead of just improving the same old "forum" experience.

Joel R

Habitué
Well, ****...

Perhaps i need to move from XF asap.

But this migration price is off my wallet.

Just following, and liking...

Congratulations for the job well done. Hope to see more in the future.
You don't need the migration, that is only if you want a managed migration by the company. The converter is free to do it yourself, and there are other IPS clients who can do it cheaper.

sbjsbj

Fan
If.. they offer CLI based Import:

That would be great for us Big Board owners.
Wow, even Roldan looking out for a potential switch. If I weren't heavily invested in XF, I would take a closer look aswell as nothing seems to be progressing with XF anymore.

deslocotoco

Enthusiast
You don't need the migration, that is only if you want a managed migration by the company. The converter is free to do it yourself, and there are other IPS clients who can do it cheaper.

I don't know if i have the technical skills to do this kind of conversion and installation of the IPS. Even the uninstall of XF would be a problem for me because i don't know too how to do.

I think i can make some search for resolve this, but would be great if i can find anyone to do this for me for a better price.

But like i said before, in this economic scenario, is not the moment to make any kind of decision, specially if I'm going to go full IPS with all the package included, because i really want to make a step up in the 'just a Forum' vision.

zappaDPJ

In my mind this is one of the most impressive updates to any forum product that I've seen but I really think the native app should be more prominent because that could be a real game changer and I had to scroll to find it.